2007 Eirecore awards (2 Viewers)

Best death of a fad in punk: Black Metal good luck

Sound , do I get my Drukdh cd back then Kenn? :)

haha..thirded actually, I think at this point the people from the punk scene who are genuinely into it will stick with it,and everyone else will be slowly retiring their Darkthrone patches over the next year..

Ironically, I can tell you all now that there seems to be a lot of Black Metal folks I know who are really getting into crust. You can thank Sanctum and Order Of The Vulture for that one.

Best Trend - People doing bands that they want to do regardless of what people in the scene want to hear, i don't like alot of it but Bats, Vimanas, Adebisi Shank, Terrordactyl, fair play.

Worst Trend- A tie for "People who think they've seen it all and can slag off whatever doesn't fit into the current "cool" trend" and "Everyone becoming overnight Stoner/Doom/Rock overlords"

Hopes for 2008 - That people will crawl out of their own cavernous arseholes and realize they're not the hot shit they think they are. Higher gig attendances. Idiots realizing they're fucking dickheads for carpeting the ground outside of gigs with cans.

What in the fudge!? Calm down and smoke a joint will ya!? Ya can't play the young angry dude forever you know, you overnight-hardcore-sensation-moshspace-overlord!!

!baggyyyy:p

Irish release of the year : Carosah demo // Hooray For humans-Safekeeping

International discoveries/releases of the year - Thou-Tyrant lp, Protestant, Workshy from New Zealand.

People of the year : Shane-o for getting dragged across the floor at a gig/being a laugh, Leo, Eoin and Richie for the gigs.Skubol for the distro/Post Regiment records.

Gig of the year : AOFR and Revolutions of a Sun.

Excitement for next year : Doing some killer releases (Protestant/Kursk/Lycanthrophy/Thou/Drainland/BOW359).
Finishing college.
Getting the fuck out of Ireland for a good while at the end of that year.
Les Christ Punchers new stuff coming out.

Best Gigs of the year: Restarts/Disturbance at Amsterdam wasted aftershow party.Boredoms in the village(cheers Timo).The Fall at Electric Picnic.

Worst gig:I'd rather not say but Conflict in the 'Dam was up there.

Best new music to be heard:The Len Price 3,Sonic Boom 6 had me rockin' for a month or 2,Graham day and the Gaolers,Dirty Love,Municipal Waste's Art of Partying,Excuses recordings blew me away,Freebooters hey hey song was good for a larf,The Shitty Limits.

Most depressing trends in 2007:Monstrously emotional doom/grind/maths where you cant even hazard a guess a what the fuck they're going on about but are pretty sure its not drugs,liqour,members of the opposite sex being sexy etc. or maybe thats exactly what they're talking about but you cant tell.Cocaine idiots dying all over the gaf and the subsequent media circus.Ounk and Demonoid getting shut down.

Most encourging trend:Free lps off Blogs
Totally Fuzzy : MP3, Music, Music Videos
Born In The Basement,
An American Punk in Suburbia ,
garage hangover the site for 1960's garage bands,
Punk Not Profit,
Hangover Heart Attack,
and my Favorite Chocoreve

Best Festival:Wasted at Wasted in Amsterdam or was it called Rebellion I cant remember.

Best record hop:Rock Jihad

Best Irish band:Excuses

Honorable mentions co to Krusty and co for a great Picnic.Easpa Measa for a cracking set at same.Bohs punks for the Mind yer mind gig with that mad German with the scariest loud soundsystem I've heard.

Most promising looking shit for 2008:Shitty Limits plying Dublin,my forthcoming rekkid(obviously),Freebooters cd and loads more garglin' and messin'.

:Monstrously emotional doom/grind/maths where you cant even hazard a guess a what the fuck they're going on about but are pretty sure its not drugs,liqour,members of the opposite sex being sexy

hey boss de novissimis sing about the good shit..

'PAINKILLERGOD'
lyrics
Get high, Get drunk
Wake up,
Retching too much
What is the purpose of this disaster?

rrrrrrrrooockkkkkkkkkkk;)

hey boss de novissimis sing about the good shit..

'PAINKILLERGOD'
lyrics
Get high, Get drunk
Wake up,
Retching too much
rrrrrrooockkkkkkkkkkk;)

Thats a good line.;)

This year I learned that after just over 10 years of being a part of the punk scene I am one of the luckiest fuckers on the planet to have so many really good friends who have helped me out through some awful shit times.

Whatever about the musical differences, I dont think that many here can disagree that diversity is an essential element of punk, and that the punk scene is bigger than music on its own.

Best buzz of 2007 = Lots of Punk/DIY gigs to go to every week without fail and realising how many supportive friends you have

Worst buzz = the closure of Seomra Spraoi

Up the punks!

best irish band: tunguska
best "irish band" record: only fumes and corpses cd
best gig: oi polloi
worst gig: lot's of shit gigs this year
best release by irish label: violent breakfast lp
bands i want to see live: frigits, revolution of a sun
best dancers: necrosteve doing a beaver dance in seomra spraoi and naked damo.
most awaited: starting a new band in a fev weeks
best session: burneos and clodagh gig in tiperrary
best guitarist: jimi hendrix from adebisi shank and solos by gazzer
good new bands:carosah, divisions ruin, putrefaction
biggest asseholes: polish skinheads and me myself

I knew I forgot something...

Best Reliving Your Youth Moment: Karen and Owensie's biffday in Quazar!!

ANGEL OF DEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTHHHH!!!!!

.|..|

best gigs-leos last gig,whitehouse in belfast while it lasted,hallucinating and watching de nov at some local gig in the lower deck,surreal as fuck.high on fire,smell and quim,barbarians,tyrant,wreck of the hesperus at mayhem,estel at the black sun gig

grimes you were supposed to be totally nihilistic but i guess you're just not as down for the cause as me award-crying about fights at gigs

AHAHAHAHAHAHA-dickhead getting bottled

best releases-portal-outre,dead raven choir and wolfmangler stuff this year

best thing i turned into overnight this year-doom/stoner/sludge overlord,maybe post-sludge

people of the year- the old hippy couple in cork that sell really nice weed,anyone who listened to venom at least once over the past 12 months

best new bands-apes of wrath,yurt i'm guessing will be great,altar of plagues,i'm sure theres more but i can't think of any

Best gig -dwarves by a fucking mile ,more people have said leatherface was a great gig on this thread than were actually at the gig by my reckoning

Best heckles and vids - Doctor Janer
worst gig - stoner sub metal shit that has fuck all to do with punk, you know who you are!!!
Worst thing thats always around - the click ,it wasaround in the eighties , defo in the 90 s and its really around now , also for all the "the steam pig were great " folx ,where were you when 60 people turned up at their record release gig in the voodoo!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Best gig -dwarves by a fucking mile ,more people have said leatherface was a great gig on this thread than were actually at the gig by my reckoning

Best heckles and vids - Doctor Janer
worst gig - stoner sub metal shit that has fuck all to do with punk, you know who you are!!!
Worst thing thats always around - the click ,it wasaround in the eighties , defo in the 90 s and its really around now , also for all the "the steam pig were great " folx ,where were you when 60 people turned up at their record release gig in the voodoo!!!!!!!!!!!!1
60 people damo? more like 6!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back