2007 Eirecore awards (2 Viewers)

if the steam pig were as good now as they were around the first two albums i'd be all over their record release gigs. YMMV.

aaahhh I remember now, I couldn't make that one but my friend did and yes a dozen attendees woulda being overly generous!

Best thing: Joining the Wicklow Diesel Punks battalion.

Worst thing: Fighting at gigs

Best Lads and Lasses: The hardcore duo of the prestigious Avoca AIDS Clinic and the Rathfarnham Music Warehouse for their help when me and the missus were homeless

Best Band: Freebooters (BAD PRIEST!)

Most Entertaining: In the same way that 9/11, celebrity deaths and watching a dog getting run over offers a dark edge of entertainment, makes you yelp and passes the time, so does Janer.

Most Stupid Prick: It was close, but the award has got to go to Aonghus/Rotten Tropics

Janer, you fascinate me in the same way that I'd be fascinated by a big shite suddenly appearing out of nowhere and splashing into my pint.

Maybe it's more like opening the fridge and making eye contact with my own severed and smiling head sitting on the shelf.

It's very hard to capture those 'WHAT THE FUCK?!?' moments I have when I read the bollocks you write up here. That's as close as I can get.

You do love the galleries eh.....

:rolleyes:

It's like you waited all your life for someone like me so you could reel out these carefully worded verses of your genius.
You need a bigger stage.
Try Lifestyle maybe?

And the award for funniest contribution to this thread so far goes to

Janer, you fascinate me in the same way that I'd be fascinated by a big shite suddenly appearing out of nowhere and splashing into my pint.

Bravo.

Best thing about this year: Moving back to Ireland and all that entailed.

Best weekend: Halloween weekend with fuck all sleep for three days which included partying, playing a gig with what are probably my three favourite Irish bands(Easpa Measa, De Nov and Mouthpiece), close to 24 hours in Gary's listening to tunes and tripping all topped off with getting my mind blown/finished off by the boredoms. Joint second would be the Curmudgeon weekender and Leechrum.

Heroes of the year: Mary, Oisin, Eoin and John at the Rebbelious Jukebox for getting punk gigs back on the go in Letterkenny.

Album of the year:
Mouthpiece's even though it's not out yet.

I'm sure there's more which I'll come back too.

best live band- the slackers

best new irish band - the troubles or divisions ruin

worst punk city - dublin

most expensive everything - dublin

best gene pool - belfast

best irish release - the lobotomies-drink pass out repeat

best book - jonathan strange and mr norrell

best look - me

Best live show: Estel at Cork Ladyfest Xmas gig, Complan at Leechrum

Best irish release: Primordial To the Nameless Dead

Best International band: Ludicra in Gilman, Om in 013

Best international release: Witchcraft - The Alchemist

Most listened to: Red Sparowes 2nd CD

Best venue: Didnt get around much this year so I suppose it has to be fred zeppelins and its ease of access to a gig from my drinking perch downstairs

No offence but i just dont get it award – why there arent more hardcore bands in cork of any type

bets spellr on eircopr / thimped: me n d murnings

please go away award: the bouncers at cyprus avenue in cork and their barely concealed contempt for anyone vaguely alternative, dont put on 'alternative' gigs if you dont like the people that come to them

best session: thursday night palm drinking epidemic at little witch in tilburg, you know who you were .|..|

most eagerly awaited thing of 2008- More Roadburn, Ladyfest Cork, Leo coming out of retirement, hang on a sec, forget the last one :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back