Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977) (1 Viewer)

Worth it for the first 5 seconds of Dreams alone.

A girl I used to go out with in the 80s had this record and it was nice to listen to on her stereo. This music was almost too big and popular for me to even think of it AS music. It's just THERE. A few years ago at about 4 in the morning I just bought it on iTunes. Just now I've realised I only ever got about 6 songs in....

I listen to this album regularly and have done for as long as I remember.

There's not many albums I can say that about.

Oh man, I've a few beers in me, that's going on now, sorry family.

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh junglelayaaannnnnd!"
I love the bit where he loses control in Ghostdancing.

Anyway. Rumours. yeah it's great. It's kinda like Citizen Kane. What can we add to the discussion that hasn't been said a million times? Only personal experience, and like most it was just there, all the fucking time, when I was growing up. It came out in 77. 77, for me, is one of seminal years in music. But not cos of Rumours.

So, while punk and new wave was on the, FM radio soft rock was still huge. It feels like separate sides of the same coin. How can you love both?

I suppose at the end it's the quality of the songwriting. Having said that I can't stand Songbird. Skip that shit. I'm not a huge fan of post-Chickenshack McVie.

I never would have thought deeply about this record, but when I saw it here I felt conflicted. I want to say MOR, big money, bland pop shite. A album that has no depth, really. All cocaine surface.Maybe the Chain hints at something dark beneath the surface. But it isn't, is it? However, the bravest thing about this record is that it's completely americanified, and yet the spelled Rumours the correct way. Now, that's punk rock. Learn to spell, fuckers.

In conclusion. I don't really know.

The actual sound if this record is one of the great wonders of audio. I can't think of many records that can compare from a purely production sense. I can literally feel the sound waves caressing my eardrums when I listen to it.

i listened to this loads as a teenager, and every now and again still

stories about stevie nicks being a knob sort of ruined fleetwood mac for me though..that and 'big love'

i listened to this loads as a teenager, and every now and again still

stories about stevie nicks being a knob sort of ruined fleetwood mac for me though..that and 'big love'

all rumours @nooly (BOOM - see what I did there).

Stevie Nicks is the best (and arguably, only good) thing about Fleetwood Mac, IMO

Not a fan of this record, but the acoustic version of Big Love is outstanding..one for the "stupidly good guitar playing" thread

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not a fan of this record, but the acoustic version of Big Love is outstanding..one for the "stupidly good guitar playing" thread

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Entirely unreal.

I love the original. When it came out, it made me feel weird. Like Stewpot's girlfriend or the blonde one from Dungeons and Dragons. It hinted that there was more to the world out there.

I heard tell that Lindsey wasn't talking to Stevie at the time, so the sex noises at the end are him, and his own voice sped up. I listened to it to confirm this, but the jury's out. I wouldn't put it past Buckingham to be having sex with himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back