11 people got 8 A1s (1 Viewer)

Fair fucks to anyone who gets 8 A1s..and despite the argunment that its meaningless cramming inapplicable information..etc..I think if you get 8 A1s, you are likely to have a good work ethic, and a capacity for reasoning and problem solving too. Maths, Chemistry, Physics for a start all require some element of reasoning and problem solving in the exam. Far from being dorks most people who I know who did well in the Leaving Cert (1998) had a good balance going between study and other aspects of life.

Personally I got 475, perhaps could have done better, but freakishly I got the best result in Ireland in Geography and got a dinner and a gold medal out of it.

Fair fucks to anyone who gets 8 A1s..and despite the argunment that its meaningless cramming inapplicable information..etc..I think if you get 8 A1s, you are likely to have a good work ethic, and a capacity for reasoning and problem solving too. Maths, Chemistry, Physics for a start all require some element of reasoning and problem solving in the exam. Far from being dorks most people who I know who did well in the Leaving Cert (1998) had a good balance going between study and other aspects of life.

Personally I got 475, perhaps could have done better, but freakishly I got the best result in Ireland in Geography and got a dinner and a gold medal out of it.

yeah, its not so much about what you learned its that fact that you managed to get through it thats an achievement in itself i suppose. the same could be said of a lot of degrees and college courses, if you can get one then employers might think you'd probably be able to manage a job in an office.

Fuck them... I fucked up big time... 295.... At least I managed to pass maths...

Yer still tops, though.

I'd never have broken 200 myself. Seriously. I probably wouldn't have managed to even sit the exam.

But you're doing a portfolio course and art college and all that, aren't you? And they don't generally work on a points system?

Some one posted the same thread topic on the leaving cert board and boards.ie people were talking about people with higher points earning more than people with lower points and some one said that there smart but they still cant work out why the brinks van doesnt follow the herce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back