can't sleep. (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
Hey does anyone have any tips that really do help you fall asleep? a full nights sleep for me is about 7 hrs but now im having about half that, tried night time walks, hot milk and all that crap but nothings working.

try to empty your mind of thoughts if your head is too busy. i find i can acheive this sometimes by repeating to myself the words "no thoughts" with the word no on the in breath and thoughts on the out. takes a few minutes maybe and you have to focus on this and nothing else. if you find yourself thinking about other stuff concentrate harder on about not thinking of anything else and on the breath/thought excercise. soon you'll be snoring and braying like a sick donkey

edit: if you think you might need to wank then do it and get it over with, likewise going for a wee. you cant put it off and you'll never get to sleep if you dont go

no dice with the mind clearing thing, even when i was thinking "no thoughts" i was also thinking that saying that to myself was a thought, then i was thinking about thinking. freakin hipper as fuck now!!

Wind down. It's simple but effective.

Srsly.

I've just left a two-week stress induced bout of insomnia so I feel your pain.

If you have a routine where you kind of wind down and let your body know you'll be going to sleep soon, it should help some. Also, I didn't know this, but apparently getting into a darker space for a while, like a dimmed room, will help your mind shut down a bit before snoozey time.

Also, the meditative stuff Shaney said.

Also a wank

Also booze

http://www.ardrahancheese.ie/lullaby.html check that stuff out, may be a help, ive had a look in the advertised shops and not seen it..

is that the milk that they milk from the cows while theyre still asleep so that it will be full of sleepy goodness? (link not working). they had it in dunnes on georges street, i bought some there. tasty, not sure if it helped with sleep though.

yea its not too bad when im drinking just takes about 30 mins to fall asleep then but i need to be room spinning drunk, not too sure how liver friendly that'll be every night. cant meditate, tried with nuns, hypnotists,work and random groups over the years. guess the wind down mkes sense as thats what you're ment to do with kids. keep waking up 3-4 times a night for no reason, maybe my rooms haunted, might explain a few things. . .

yea its not too bad when im drinking just takes about 30 mins to fall asleep then but i need to be room spinning drunk, not too sure how liver friendly that'll be every night. cant meditate, tried with nuns, hypnotists,work and random groups over the years. guess the wind down mkes sense as thats what you're ment to do with kids. keep waking up 3-4 times a night for no reason, maybe my rooms haunted, might explain a few things. . .
BOO!

[quote=ernesto;
fuck it, gonna go to tesco now and get me some cow juice!!

Try and pretend you are a member of Black Sabbath and then think of the craziest adventure you could have as a member of Black Sabbath.

For instance, I often think of myself as Ronnie James Dio marauding through a land of dreams, especially when they tell me that life's a carousel, spinning fast and I've got to ride it well because, you know, the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams -It's heaven and hell, oh well.

Every now and again they'll tell me that black is really white and that the moon is just the sun at night; and when you walk in golden halls, you get to keep the gold that falls
Its heaven and hell, oh no!
Fool, fool!
Youve got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!
Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!

Either that or I'll pretend I'm Ozzy or Bill Ward as a publican; Geezer Butler as a magician or Tony Iommi as a saw handler.

I used to be a total insomniac (sure sorted that out, right?!) and the more I tried not to think the more I thought.. I came to the conclusion that writing and writing and writing all the shit in yer head is the best way to get it out... that and you could try do some maths. I heard that works. I know it did in school. I personally find it harder to sleep around the full moon, don't know about you.

eat a banana. It has sleep inducing stuff in it.

read a book. It helps narrow the focus of your mind - sleeplessness is mostly caused by a racing mind.

don't eat big meals, drink coffee/tea/coke, or take anything too sugary close to bedtime.

my problem isn't getting to sleep. My problem is sleeping past 8am in the morning. Just can't do it, no matter what time I go to bed at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back