Veggie BBQ? (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
What do veggies have at a BBQ?

This isn't the first line of a joke but an actual question I need an answer to.

First thing is a separate BBQ, I get that.

halloumi

veggie sausages - whatever kind

vegetable skewers - cheery tomatoes, peppers, any chunky veg.

salads - quinoa, cous cous types

loads of booze and drugs

Thick slices of potatoes are nice skewered on 2 kebabs so that dont roll about.

Sweet potaoto is a winner esp whan cooked in the embers. I generally operate a 3 zone fire so the spuds can just be thrown on the clod zone under the rack.

Butternut squash is good.

You can also get these woks with holes in them so you can stir fry over the coals and let the smokey taste into the veg - never tried one though.

Don't for get the guacamole and humus and all that good stuff too.

Bak choi, corn on the cob, courgette, aubergene, squash all work well.

Halloumi is the shit alright but seems to be getting trickier to find these days.

I'd just agree with what everyone has said about veggie burgers, suasages, salads, vegetables on skewers.

On a similiar note if you live with veggies do you need to have seperate kitchen stuff? My friends moving into a rented place and he was worried about this last night.

On a similiar note if you live with veggies do you need to have seperate kitchen stuff? My friends moving into a rented place and he was worried about this last night.

Nah just learn how to wash the dishes properly and use tinfoil in the grill.

Its usually grand, just dont use their veg chopping board for your meat.. that should be common sense though .. oh and dont go leaving meat rotting in the fridge (or just throwing the meat on top of their stuff either) or bin also common sense though..

Hmm maybe the meat eater I lived with was carrying out some sort of meat rebelion as he was out numbered 2 to 1 by veggies.

+1 on the guacamole. you could also whip up a pot of veg. chili. Corn chips, sour cream, cheese.
Spring onion bbq'd with a bit of lime squeezed over em is nice too. Put all that together with veggie skewers, you've nachos, or fajitas.
Aubergine. Zuchinni. All squash is great for bbg'ing providing you keep them moist.
Spuds cross-cut, wrapped in aluminium straight onto the coals.
What are the meat eaters having?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back