Minor complaints thread (33 Viewers)

This is me everyday. I took this job because I knew it would be stress free and I could maybe do it for a year or two and then move on. I was considering it a break, more or less, but I am already bored everyday, which oddly is more tiring than be busy. I'd rather be busy.
You people

I'm so mad about this
Firstly, you got what you wanted ! Which is a good thing! Not a complaint!
Being not busy at work is GOOD!
You can do whatever the fuck you like. Learn a goddamn language, read a book. Write a fucking book!

Oh no, I got everything i asked for and it's easy and stress-free.
Why do the Gods hate me so????

Where do my transferred files go on Windows 10 PC? I send them via Bluetooth to the PC, all seems to be working...then nothing. Where have they gone?

I can't find anything useful on Google.

That option did not present itself
I can’t actually test here as my work laptop seems to have Bluetooth file transfers blocked, but I definitely get the transfer dialogue box when I follow those steps and go through the Bluetooth & other devices > Send or receive files via Bluetooth option

I tried again and this time that box appeared. No idea why it wasn't appearing earlier.

The mystery of where the images I "successfully" transferred earlier will remain just that, a mystery

You people

I'm so mad about this
Firstly, you got what you wanted ! Which is a good thing! Not a complaint!
Being not busy at work is GOOD!
You can do whatever the fuck you like. Learn a goddamn language, read a book. Write a fucking book!

Oh no, I got everything i asked for and it's easy and stress-free.
Why do the Gods hate me so????

jesus - did you not get out for your run or something?

Not everyone's job allows them free reign to re-purpose downtime

jesus - did you not get out for your run or something?

Not everyone's job allows them free reign to re-purpose downtime
I was being half-jokey
I know Jill in real life, so I overstepped on familiarity

Mostly jealous.
I had a month in here last year where there was fucking nothing to do. And I was in goddamn heaven.
I miss it.

I was being half-jokey
I know Jill in real life, so I overstepped on familiarity

Mostly jealous.
I had a month in here last year where there was fucking nothing to do. And I was in goddamn heaven.
I miss it.

I think if you can anticipate and plan for a quiet time, and that those on high are cool about it...that's one thing.

My worst job experience was managing a team who were intensely busy for about 6-7 months a year, and had literally nothing to do for most of the remaining months. If I was allowed to put half of them on furlough or something for a few months it would have probably worked out grand for all concerned (they'd have been happy with that too I think). it was months of infighting and boredom, and me trying to find ways to occupy them.

i'm busy probably less than 40% of the time at the moment. has been great doing piecemeal lstuff like getting the house painted, etc., but it's not as if i can work mondays and tuesdays and disappear the rest of the week, i still have to be available most of the standard work day.

I am at a point where I don't mind the work, but I resent the time I have to give to this place
We have very busy high stress times, but when we're slow, there's ZERO guilt on my part about going down to the gym for an hour or fucking across to the pool, or even into town to run errands, or go home and cook lunch
Like it all balances out, but I want to be doing other things

Another slight minor work quibble...

The security guard at the front of the building doesn't say hello or good morning to me; instead he says, "Oh there you are!" Is this an Irish phrase? Are we playing hide and go seek? It's not like I just popped out of the bushes or something. It irks me. Just like the woman in the main office of my last Dublin job who was of similar age as me and called me "pet".... no one else, just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back