Running? (5 Viewers)

I’ve had a terrible crick in my neck for the last few weeks. Running and walking’s fine. Sitting and lying down not so much.
May keep running so
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve had a terrible crick in my neck for the last few weeks. Running and walking’s fine. Sitting and lying down not so much.
May keep running so
I have a bit of a neck thing for the last while - got a sudden cramp in it after doing chin-ups about 3 weeks ago and it's not fully right yet.

On the plus side I used to have a sore neck way more often before I started making sure to always have whatever I'm working on on my centre screen rather that on the right or left one. Thinking these days that this oul 3-screens business is probably a bit of a cod - just one v big screen might be plenty

I have a bit of a neck thing for the last while - got a sudden cramp in it after doing chin-ups about 3 weeks ago and it's not fully right yet.

On the plus side I used to have a sore neck way more often before I started making sure to always have whatever I'm working on on my centre screen rather that on the right or left one. Thinking these days that this oul 3-screens business is probably a bit of a cod - just one v big screen might be plenty
have you considered curved displays?

Or maybe more traditional displays in a different orientation?

and big monitor, I retired from dual screen life a few years back. Also the tiling options are bit better in the latest windows downgrade

Just did a proper VO2 max test with a treadmill and a gasmask and everything

Pretty chuffed. 96.2 percentile for my age
That's fantastic. Love it.

How difficult was the test?
How does it compare to what your watch tells you your V02 is?

My watch said 48 (a Polar Vantage M I got second hand off adverts.ie), so it's a bit better in reality

Got the test done in Westpark fitness in Tallaght. Cost €89. You start off walking on a treadmill, and they gradually increase the speed and the incline until you can't go any harder. Took about 15 mins

I was pretty lightheaded afterwards, but the test is fairly short so it wasn't gruelling or anything

My Garmin Forerunner 55 says I'm 49. Have never looked into what it means though. I've only done two runs wearing the watch, but it has been tracking my 5.5km cycles to work and home since before christmas.

V02 Max is supposedly a very good indicator of longevity
I have a 54 on my watch (not trying to piss on anyone else's; I ran 5 marathons last year, so it should be high)
Also did a Cooper Test last year and got a high 57

The benefits of running are myriad
Mind, body, soul. Good for you today, good for you 20 years from now.

Run happy, brothers

Hahah!
Fucking "studies"

No one on here is a lifelong endurance athlete.
We're at best weekend warriors, or very-late-to-the-party runners. Most of what any of us are doing is ameliorating the damage done my the western diet/lifestyle, hedonism and general laziness.

Cardiorespiratory fitness is a major signifier in longevity, and it is determined by your V02 Max

Anyone can improve their V02 - by biking, walking, swimming, running or whatever. Anything is better than nothing.
Any voice in your head telling you that you can't or that it's for other people, is a liar.

Hahah!
Fucking "studies"

No one on here is a lifelong endurance athlete.
We're at best weekend warriors, or very-late-to-the-party runners. Most of what any of us are doing is ameliorating the damage done my the western diet/lifestyle, hedonism and general laziness.

Cardiorespiratory fitness is a major signifier in longevity, and it is determined by your V02 Max

Anyone can improve their V02 - by biking, walking, swimming, running or whatever. Anything is better than nothing.
Any voice in your head telling you that you can't or that it's for other people, is a liar.
I’m very much a late to the party weekend warrior. Started running when I was 30

You win.

I used to go running fairly regularly with a woman who did her first marathon at 42. Got bitten by the bug after that. Did 13 one year
If we're running, we're all winning.

Not sure I'll ever hit 13, but I am signed up for 6 marathons this year.
Making up for lost time.

Sinead Diver didn't start running properly til her 30s

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back