Running? (2 Viewers)

I did that 10 mile run after.

AND I did the Clontarf half marathon in November. After running that I know I’ll never do a full marathon

I would love to hear any and all details about these races
The Phoenix Park one and the Half in Clontarf
No obligation, but can't be too much detail for me.

I would love to hear any and all details about these races
The Phoenix Park one and the Half in Clontarf
No obligation, but can't be too much detail for me.
10 mile was in July in Phoenix Oark. Pissed rain for most of it which actually made it kind of easier. Did it in 1hr 39m. Listened to Suburban Lawns for a lot of it. Route was a bit hilly in parts but not too bad.

Half marathon was at the end of November. Weather was surprisingly warm. About 13 degrees. Fairly flat route. Very windy day. Wind was in my face for second half of it. Took me 2hr 14m. Last 2 kms were a fucking killer. Listened to Fugazi and the latest Bar Tape album for a lot of it.

10 mile was in July in Phoenix Oark. Pissed rain for most of it which actually made it kind of easier. Did it in 1hr 39m. Listened to Suburban Lawns for a lot of it. Route was a bit hilly in parts but not too bad.

Half marathon was at the end of November. Weather was surprisingly warm. About 13 degrees. Fairly flat route. Very windy day. Wind was in my face for second half of it. Took me 2hr 14m. Last 2 kms were a fucking killer. Listened to Fugazi and the latest Bar Tape album for a lot of it.
They sound great
I am curious, did you train specifically for these, or more of a just rock-up-and-do-it attitude?

Will you do any more like these?

They sound great
I am curious, did you train specifically for these, or more of a just rock-up-and-do-it attitude?

Will you do any more like these?
I don’t train specifically for them. I would try and do 2 or 3 10K runs a week but that’s it. I only signed up for the half marathon 6 days beforehand.
I wouldn’t really recommend doing it that way. Would definitely recommend looking into a better training program but I just don’t have a huge amount of free time. A lot of my running is to and from work.

Myself and my wife are signed up for the trim 10 mile in February.

Would love to do another half marathon at some stage. Want to record an ep with the lads at some stage early next year. Will sign up for another half marathon after that’s done

I don’t train specifically for them. I would try and do 2 or 3 10K runs a week but that’s it. I only signed up for the half marathon 6 days beforehand.
I wouldn’t really recommend doing it that way. Would definitely recommend looking into a better training program but I just don’t have a huge amount of free time. A lot of my running is to and from work.

Myself and my wife are signed up for the trim 10 mile in February.

Would love to do another half marathon at some stage. Want to record an ep with the lads at some stage early next year. Will sign up for another half marathon after that’s done
Fair play
Running with the missus. Pretty great, man.

Halfs are my absolute favourite distance. A good old proper race that knackers you and pushes you, but you can hop on your bike afterwards and head home.
Definitely some fun races about.
I wanted to run the Barcelona Half, but I'm gonna be traveling that week.

I bought a Garmin in the back Friday sales. No real commitment to get back to full time running, but will do a park run before the end of July. Using it for for cycling to work and seeing what my heart rate is during push ups and that. It did tell me I was stressed out an hour before playing a gig last Friday.

Great stuff @sleepy

Fair play

Halfs are my absolute favourite distance. A good old proper race that knackers you and pushes you, but you can hop on your bike afterwards and head home.
Yeah, it’s a decent distance. Looking forward to doing another one at some point. Have no interest in going any further than that.

I bought a Garmin in the back Friday sales. No real commitment to get back to full time running, but will do a park run before the end of July. Using it for for cycling to work and seeing what my heart rate is during push ups and that. It did tell me I was stressed out an hour before playing a gig last Friday.

Great stuff @sleepy
I’ve a Garmin as well. They’re great. Not sure how accurate the stress meter thing is on it. Do find it great for keeping track of the pace I’m doing

Great stuff @sleepy
End of July...end of January. Fuck sakes.

Unplanned run today to get the monkey off. 5.37km in 35:13min.

I knew it was around the 5km mark, so took it good and slow as i started off.

That's a parkrun done.

Fair play

Was just thinking about this after. How are you able to cycle after a half marathon? I could barely drive after the one I did

Was just thinking about this after. How are you able to cycle after a half marathon? I could barely drive after the one I did
Not sure.
I've been biking since the 70s, so biking isn't a big ask of my body. And I have trained for these races; more or less stuck with programmes. So my body was able for 13 miles of pushing hard.
I did 14 miles on Sunday on my training programme for example. Half hour rest and I'm grand.
There was a time when 10 miles would have floored me. Literally.
And I remember running for the first time on a track doing Couch to 5k and wondering how people could do a full lap without stopping.
And also thinking people were looking at me being unable to do it. When in reality no one cares.

Was thinking about your refusal to go further than Half. Was running with one of the best runners I know last week. Dude is on about a 1,400 day running streak, and he'll never run farther than a Half. He has zero interest. He loves running. Always has an extra gear. Kind of jealous of that tbh. He has exactly what he wants. He has enough.

Yeah, I don’t really have the time to train for anything further than a half. And I’m happy enough with doing that distance. There’s enough other stuff that I enjoy doing that I don’t really feel the need to run any more than I do.
I guess I just don’t want to do it to the point where it becomes unenjoyable

Another 5k and a bit yesterday. Back on the biscuits so I'm back on the running I suppose. Can't get a near a parkrun with the amount of birthday parties lined up between now and March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back