Interesting Buildings (2 Viewers)

Yea it's a bit of a perfect storm. Huge demand due to Covid stimulus funds/personal savings, changes to supply chains due to Brexit, general shipping delays, huge shortages in plastics due to fires in Russia and power outages in Texas, shortages in labour supply due to Covid (and also the legacy of the crash here). It's a clusterfuck.

And for building contractors in the middle of a job based on a fixed price, they will try to reclaim every penny by making all sorts of claims against the client so you end up with massive legal challenges. It ain't pretty...

The Finnish Olkilouto nuclear plant on this list is gas.
Still unfinished, the completed project could cost 11 billion but the tender contract says the building contractors have to absorb all costs over €3 billion
Haha that's amazin, guess the building contractors are just some state firm anyway then ha.
Also they've 'solved the problem' of nuclear waste with that power plant by burying it in a massively deep mine

I was digging for a floorplan for here and it brought me back to the source.. greatest hits of urban sprawl 80's edition with 66 images. posted from the lounge in #8

1629843223113.png

The Belgium one, Leuven Town Hall, is one of the most over-engineered eyesores I've ever witnessed in real life. It gives you a headache just being in the square.

When we were in England last week we visited Blenheim Palace, monstrously large gaff.

It was built by some ancestor of Churchill because he led * 50somethingodd thousand poor English pricks into battle against 50somethingodd thousand poor French pricks and 36,000 of the French were killed so Queen Ann gave him the land and money to build it as a reward.

That wasn't how the tour framed it, but that's how I took it.

* stood at the back probably

When we were in England last week we visited Blenheim Palace, monstrously large gaff.

It was built by some ancestor of Churchill because he led * 50somethingodd thousand poor English pricks into battle against 50somethingodd thousand poor French pricks and 36,000 of the French were killed so Queen Ann gave him the land and money to build it as a reward.

That wasn't how the tour framed it, but that's how I took it.

* stood at the back probably

Jesus what did churchill event want a country for with that gaff. You could have a war inside it

Jesus what did churchill event want a country for with that gaff. You could have a war inside it

I was simultaneously horrified by the opulence and the back story to it, but really interested in the history of the place.*

In the late 1800's the estate was running out of money so the then Duke married an American railroad heiress, one of the Vanderbilts, she came with a dowry of $80 million. Which was a lot of money back then.

* See also my visit to the Pitt Rivers museum of archaeology and anthropology in Oxford, AKA a 3 story high room of stolen things from around the world. It's a good thing it was 3 stories high because otherwise they couldn't have been able to fit the GIANT totem pole that used to belong to first nations people in Canada in there.

I was simultaneously horrified by the opulence and the back story to it, but really interested in the history of the place.*

In the late 1800's the estate was running out of money so the then Duke married an American railroad heiress, one of the Vanderbilts, she came with a dowry of $80 million. Which was a lot of money back then.

* See also my visit to the Pitt Rivers museum of archaeology and anthropology in Oxford, AKA a 3 story high room of stolen things from around the world. It's a good thing it was 3 stories high because otherwise they couldn't have been able to fit the GIANT totem pole that used to belong to first nations people in Canada in there.

jeeeeesus nice of them to store other peoples shit there

OP can get fucked, I'm posting off topic.

All I can see is the amount of crap to trip and injure yourself on during a simple trip upstairs to the jacks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back