What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

rescue dawn in the cinema. it's ok, very slow-moving in places, and the end was just a bit to!cheezy. excellent performances though.

then,
coming to america- still cracks me up. when he's on form, noone can top Eddie Murphy.

American Gangster.

Overly long. Actually quite boring. pretty trite and really has nothing much to say.

Lt. Uhura has really let herself go!
american gangster also. drawn out rubbish.

and russell crowe's hair.

we were convinced that our mate who's black only thought it was deadly coz of Denzel.
we were right.. he owned up to just being a big Denzel lover. pretty funy.

film was waaaaay too long. shite.

american gangster good to pass the time but then on the way home borrowed man on fire wasnt a fan of denzel till this one very very good flick

gets better every time i see it. i'd watch it again right now.

13146.jpg

alexander payne was a little more visually inventive both back then. sideways is still great but also quite flat.

Cats and Dogs followed by Veronica Guerin. I thought Cats and Dogs was excellent. Little sister was watching it so I wateched with her, I never stopped laughing. Plot wise of course is a load of fluff but the jokes were excellent. Guerin was better than I remembered but some of it was just painful to watch. Esp anything with "Irish" pipes, bag pipes and sean nos singging over it..

Went to see the french film 'I do' last night. really lovely and funny movie - much better than dumb american comedies, which are really getting boring.

The Pervert's Guide to Cinema by Slavoj Zizek
Nice accent there mr. Zizek!
I'm trying to work on a mean Zizek impression. It's tough getting the mad rolling R's going at the same time as his mad speech impediment and his mad hand gestures. The documentary about him - Zizek! - is great, and on the internet somewhere for download.

Speaking of Zizek, I'll mostly be watching Hitchcock films tonight. There's an awesome box set going in HMV for €40 - reduced from €140!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back