Something that will scare the shit outa me! (2 Viewers)

The Woman In Black was on demonoid a while back. Definitely available on emule. We had a thread about it a while ago. Damned good.

Those sea frets....

Watched it one hellowe'en then walked out the house and it was foggy, at a time when it never is.

Not good.

I have to get The Woman in Black- sounds right up my street

Id agree with Audition and Picnic at Hanging Rock for that eerie disturbing atmosphere

I dont find zombies, monsters or mad killers on film scary- in real life its a different story though

genuinely scary? An Inconvenient truth?

Re: Something that will scare the shit outta me!

That film freaked the shit out of me the first time I saw it. I think it's more disturbing than terrifying but.
I thought it (the Audition) was almost complete rubbish (it lookied like it was about to get good a few times but didn't). And then my friends wife started making a cooey noise to her dog which sounded exactly like yer one's needle in the eyes noise. That gave me a fright!

I was watching Full Metal Alchemist (Japanese cartoon that is not supposed to be scary) last night and it frightened the shit out of me. But that's because it reminded me of the most horrfying film of all time - that Fly 2 remake. Oh god, you'd have to be depraved to think up that shit. Poor doggie. Even the "poetic justice" ending for the baddie made me feel sick for about a year after watching that film. Argh! I feel sick again now just thinking about it and it's been about 12 years! Argh!

In summary, the Fly 2.

"Okay, they're - they're in the woods. The camera keeps on moving. Uh... I think they're looking for some witch or something; I don't know, I wasn't listening. Nothing's happening. Nothing's happening. Something about a map. Nothing's happening. It's over. A lot of people in the audience look pissed."

I saw this when it came out, it scared and depressed the shit outta me - I watched it a year or two ago thinking no way could it be as bad as I remember...I was wrong..Horrible film.

Belgian flick The Ordeal...like a cross between Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Gummo.

There's a French film called Sheitan which I though was kinda similar...Pretty fucked up too.

I saw this when it came out, it scared and depressed the shit outta me - I watched it a year or two ago thinking no way could it be as bad as I remember...I was wrong..Horrible film.

it's the most frightening film i have ever seen.

though not really horror films, "irreversible" and "seul contre tous" are incredibly powerful and extremely realistic explorations of the darkest elements of human nature. you will never forget the experience of seeing these films.

the only other film i found disturbing was the untitled "misadventures of a doctor in san diago" aka "mystery movie" aka "castration" film created by peter christopherson and monte cazazza. it's not real, but its very very difficult to tell that its fake. its utterly horrific, and i cant imagine it being commercially available anywhere.

Is this 'The Woman In White' that you're all talking about?? If so then apparently it was a t.v. movie first http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Woman_in_Black

I might look up the book, I'd say it's easier to get then the film.

The Blair Witch Project scared the b'jaysus outta me, I saw it in the UCI Coolock and ended up getting the last bus home to Malahide and had to walk across a dark field for about 20 mins to get back to Portmarnock, I was fucking shitting it all the way :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Descent freaked me out, I hate enclosed spaces so the scene were the girl gets stuck in the tunnel still haunts me to this day.

though not really horror films, "irreversible" and "seul contre tous" are incredibly powerful and extremely realistic explorations of the darkest elements of human nature. you will never forget the experience of seeing these films.
I have Carne and I stand alone but I've yet to watch them.

the only other film i found disturbing was the untitled "misadventures of a doctor in san diago" aka "mystery movie" aka "castration" film created by peter christopherson and monte cazazza. it's not real, but its very very difficult to tell that its fake. its utterly horrific, and i cant imagine it being commercially available anywhere.
I've seen TRUE GORE with Cazazza - typical post-mondo crap really.

Mr MC fly - u have PM

No it's
The Woman in Black

It's also a Tv movie.

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/member.php?u=135

Michael Jackson's "Thriller" puts the shits up me in ways you can't possibly believe.And no,I'm not joking.It scared me so much as a kid that even now I can't watch it.

Actually I don't know if you've seen "Paradise Lost", the documentary about the West Memphis 3 case,but some of that is genuinely disturbing, and distressing.

Again though, in terms of straight Horror films, "A Tale of Two Sisters" gets the nod from me.Amazing film.

Went to see A Tale of Two Sisters in the cinema and at the time I thought it was more of a family drama than a horror film, although I thought it was a good film...
Then... That night... Thirsty... Needed to go to the kitchen... for a glass of water... Could'nt.
Kept Kitchen and hall light on every night for a week after that...

I've yet to watch Irriversable all the way through... Tough going.

And as for The Woman in Red, the bit where Wilder is on the ledge, suicidal, haunts me to this day.

Actually I don't know if you've seen "Paradise Lost", the documentary about the West Memphis 3 case,but some of that is genuinely disturbing, and distressing.

You are so right - makes me angry too..The sequal is worse in many ways. The kinda 'goth' kid was constantly raped in prison.

'Henry: Portrait of a serial killer' with Michael Rooker is pretty grim.

My brother said he saw something on telly last year with Karen Black in it. He said it scared the hell out of him. I've actually heard some alright things about it, but look at the state of this cover:
t03534mcqwj.jpg
Frightening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back