Private schools (1 Viewer)

any of your schools have links with a famous band???? well did they??? mine did. fuckin rock n' roll
artane-boys-band.jpg

any of your schools have links with a famous band???? well did they??? mine did. fuckin rock n' roll
artane-boys-band.jpg
the principal of mine was the da of one of the warlords of pez
and the french teacher was his ma
explains a lot, really

me and the boy only had this conversation the other day..i think id send my kids to private school or maybe a gaelscoil..my main reason would be because of smaller class sizes..as a primary school teacher i see how insane class sizes are getting and its just impossible for any kid never mind kids who need special attention, for either being challenged at something or exceptional at it, to get the appropriate time and care that they need..the boy initially disagreed but i got so worked up about class sizes that i think i wore him down:)

thats not to say i would have any aversion to national schools if i thought them appropriate..i went to a regular national school and couldnt have gotten a better education anywhere else..It's only in recent years i realise how great a school it was..

i went to school with samantha mumba..and during our school years i used to know the drummer from director...that is rock and roll...

Brian Motherfucking Dobson went to mine.
And Jonathan Philbin Bowman.

And Thelma Mansfield's son. And Christy Moores son. And two black people.

So, you can all sit, and swivel.

well if we're gonna name names...i sat beside brian mcfadden for a few years, sound chap. he had to leave the school tho due to bullying, next time i saw him was on junior cert night in fibbers wearing dungerees and smoking a cigar. had obviously joined some private school

anyone here into gaa. i'm not but we had a rake of moron gaa involved teachers over the years. doing pe and geography most of em. brian talty was a complete cunt. and paul curran was a knob head too.

Do you think it might have been better for you,your classmates and/or your teacher if there had been less?

It was never an issue to be honest.

We had three teachers over the 6 years and none of them seemed to have a problem keeping a lid on stuff (the class was a mixture of ballsbridge, ringsend & pearse street kids).

For me - no complaints, then or now... apart from the fact that I totally hated primary school, but that had more to do with the hours of learning Irish by rote every day than it had to do with the horde surrounding me. Education wise, it was as good as any late 70's / early 80's primary school education could have been (with the usual over-emphasis on THE GAA, of course).

there were 45 boyos in my class - what constitutes insane these days?

well 45 is just beyond insane.the most ive heard nowadays is clocking on 40. But i just dont think any teacher, no matter how great, can possibly give each of those kids the education they deserve and need.

well 45 is just beyond insane.the most ive heard nowadays is clocking on 40. But i just dont think any teacher, no matter how great, can possibly give each of those kids the education they deserve and need.
well i can't speak for the other 44 losers, but they did alright by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back