Private schools (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I was talking to my cousin last night - she lives in some wealthy area of the southside, and was feeling bad because it seems it may be too late to get her 2-year old onto the list for a private primary school. I didn't have much sympathy for her, being a leftie who disapproves of private schools ...

Any thoughts? Anyone here have a private school in mind for their kids?

I met ook from thumped while out drinking once, and me and my buddy Conor were a little mean to him cos he said he was going to send his kid to a private school, and I felt bad after. I was pretty sleep-deprived at the time, but there's no excuse for being mean - sorry dude!

I went to private schools because my family is so wealthy. I wouldnt like to have had my education held back by a load of thick povvos, but if you want that for your kid that's your business.

I wouldn't be into them myself they lead to more segration between rich and poor kids and there's enough of that already. I'd never really heard of private primary schools til now.

Where I'm from(Letterkenny) you didn't have the choice of private schooling unless you were willing to go to boarding school in Sligo, Leitrim or further afield which wasn't an option for me, then if there had of been a private school in Letterkenny it still wouldn't have been an option.

I did apply to repeat the leaving in the institute but when I went for the interview the principle said she was amazed how I'd failed Irish being from the Gaeltacht(which I'm not). I'm was fucked if my parents or I were gonna give 2 grand to them after that.

I went to a private school in primary, although it certainly wasn't a posh school and the fees weren't exorbitant. The same nuns also ran the national school next door and the secondary school was national so we all ended up together anyway.

The great thing about the primary school was that there were very few of us in each class, less than twenty most of the time. In secondary school most of the kids from my class were in the A class and nearly all the national school kids were in the B and C classes.

I went to public schools throughout my life, but they were Protestant public schools.
I dont really think it matters that much. Some of my mates went to private schools, some didn't. I dont think I would have been any less utterly fucking shite in school had I been in a private school.

Having said that, I probably wouldn't have been stabbed on the way to class in a private school.

Private schools can't really offer the facilities that a public one can, like, at Newpark we had a pool, a weights room, an indoor gym, climbing wall, pitches, a deadly metalwork lab, and a big woodwork class. I dont think many private schools have that.

A lot of it is critical mass. If you have a fuck load of pricks wrecking everyones buzz, the school goes to shit. Otherwise I think they are all much the same.

There were 45 kids in my class in primary school and it never done me any harm.

I had to listen to about half a dozen imbeciles down the back of the bus this morning on their way into "the institute" - after sitting through that, I honestly despair for the future of this country. Two other halfabrains with them got off outside Trinity - hopefully it was just a coincidence.

I went to a christian bros school but was pissed off that the whole day was spent with teachers trying to punish guys who were taking the piss and who were also getting grinds in Leeson St in the evenings. I'd have no ethical conflict about sending my kids to a private school if i wasn't happy with the local ones. I would have loved to go to that school in dead poet's society.

I would have lovint this school

saint_trinians.jpg

Dead poets society was loosely based on Aravon School, in Wicklow.

Loosely. There were elements of Clongowes in it also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back