Great Drum Sound Thread (4 Viewers)

Bloc parties first album, drummer's amazing although someone told me he's ripping off somelse, whos name has escaped me.
Watching stewert copeland playing live is also impressive.

Is that Bloc Party drum sound not made up of triggered samples?

Sounds pretty fake anyway.

No - the drum take was run through a dat machine in the red. That's why it's so flat sounding.
I actually really like the drum sound on that album.

Helmet - Betty
Weezer - Pinkerton
Prince & The Revolution - Parade
Galaxie 500 - This Is Our Music
Red House Painters - Ocean Beach

American Analog Set: Know By Heart - lovely sound

Drums on the title track of last Cat Power album, The Greatest, are fantastic, and I think I even know what microphone they used just by listening to it!

Led Zep: Physical Graffiti

I've read that they put Bonzo at the bottom of a stairs in an old house and put a microphone on each step of the stairs. Anyone know if this is true?

I dunno why people think Pinkerton sounds good. For me, it's a great album because the songs around amazing, in spite of a murky, dull sound. Both albums before and after have a way better sound much better

I dunno why people think Pinkerton sounds good. For me, it's a great album because the songs around amazing, in spite of a murky, dull sound. Both albums before and after have a way better sound much better

Yeah but you can HEAR the hi hat pedal in The Good Life. Not cleaned up at all, nice and raw.

Yeah but you can HEAR the hi hat pedal in The Good Life. Not cleaned up at all, nice and raw.
speaking of hearing pedals, the drum sound on "Since I've Been Loving You" on Zep 3 is one of the best. you can hear the kick pedal very clearly at the start of the song. also, "When The Levee Breaks" on IV is bombastic.

these may have already been mentioned.

speaking of hearing pedals, the drum sound on "Since I've Been Loving You" on Zep 3 is one of the best. you can hear the kick pedal very clearly at the start of the song. also, "When The Levee Breaks" on IV is bombastic.

these may have already been mentioned.

you know Jimmy Page totally cleaned all that up on the Remasters?

I think it's a shame

(now that's nerdy, Wil!)

Murky dull sound? No no no !!!! It's not polished at all, but its not murky, some of the distorted guitar and drums are really sharp andthe bass drum at the start of Tired Of Sex is really really punchy.

Murky and dull for me is MBV.

Also, Reni is a great great drummer.

im sure these have been mntioned but for me:
most led zepp stuff. big banging
flaming lips - soft bulletin - so harsh but clear and crisp. massively over-compressed cymbals.brill
grandaddy - under the western freeway. mor eof the same. lofi but great
midlake -The Trials Of Van Occupanther. lovely 70s sound . nice and muted but punchy
broken social scene - self titled and you forgot it in people.
The Burning Effigies - pipe dream
man man - man in a blue turban. no drummer per sey but great sounding.
wolf parade - Apologies To The Queen Mary. big but distant
most tortoise stuff
mogwai - dont know, think i just like his style. either way, i just love mogwai drums for some reason.
neil young - harvest. again, that lovely dampened 70s feel. so nice

im just flicking through my itunes to see what stands out and theres alot so thats all ill say for the mo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back