Great Drum Sound Thread (1 Viewer)

God is an Astronaut - All is Violent, all is Bright

Amazing drum sound.

Anyone know if it is V-drums?

After hearing their live drum sound, I'd say no. They're just very good at getting that immaculate, squeaky clean sound. I reckon they took it too far but, they could do with a touch more dynamics and rawness on the drums. Still amazing sound.

After hearing their live drum sound, I'd say no. They're just very good at getting that immaculate, squeaky clean sound. I reckon they took it too far but, they could do with a touch more dynamics and rawness on the drums. Still amazing sound.
yeah, it works very well with their rib-rattling bass in the records.

Had a listen to the original Albini mix of In Utero last week. Not staggeringly different from the final versions, but the lack of Litt overdubs on Heart Shaped Box is very welcome.

Drums sounds are pretty much identical, although you drum nerds might think differently. You're like some kind of drum priests, and I am the drum laity.

I would imagine that if you used a popular search engine to search for:
"In Utero first week mix" torrent

and randomly clicked a link, say for example the third link down, that might be a step in the right direction.
Just saying, like.

How are you able to get such a raw [drum] sound while you're recording? Steven...yer knockin' me over man!!!

Steven Drozd: We put one mic on the kit in a big room and record it to tape

dude.... that's not your myspace...

BeastX

clear.gif
"
BRASSKNUKLES.jpg
"

Male
17 years old
Fuck Nigguhs, Florida
United States

Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished by Animal Collective. Its called "perfect percussion" for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back