Sunn 0))) in Galway next week (3 Viewers)

so how was this?
also, when omalley told me their vocalist atilla was from the band mayhem, I had no fuckin idea... gave it a google last night.. mother of jesus...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band)

some hot tips for young up and coming bands to be taken from band member "dead":
Dead had, over time, carefully cultivated a notoriety for strange behavior; once burying a set of clothes underground for weeks so that he could later wear the decaying rags onstage. He had kept a rotting raven in a plastic bag so better to "inhale the scent of death" before going on stage

Check out Lords Of Chaos for the full story of the Norwegian Black Metal Cat Fight. It's a terrific read. Mayhem were full-on in every possible way.

so how was this?
also, when omalley told me their vocalist atilla was from the band mayhem, I had no fuckin idea... gave it a google last night.. mother of jesus...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band)

Check out Lords Of Chaos for the full story of the Norwegian Black Metal Cat Fight. It's a terrific read. Mayhem were full-on in every possible way.

stunning. would I pick it up anywhere in dublin? its time I read a non-flashman book again

Mayhem - great band, i believe the reason Attila was not in galway & cork was because he had to fly to Norway to record their new album /,,/

Any chance of gettin them over for a gig U:M???

I reckon H from dublin metal events is your man for that

a lot of the stuff written about It in Lords of Chaos is bogey

he's been in other bands now and is meant to be 5 foot 1 or something...not the 2 foot dwarf we all imagined..

abruptum have put out some really great shit

a lot of the stuff written about It in Lords of Chaos is bogey

he's been in other bands now and is meant to be 5 foot 1 or something...not the 2 foot dwarf we all imagined..

abruptum have put out some really great shit

bogey? how so?

sorry, i meant "It" the dwarf from abruptum - a lot of the stuff said about him was said to make him look bad...hey burzum said so, i believe that guy

the book itself is a good read, except when it starts to focus on boring east germans and even more boring americans

Is Attila back doing vocals with Mayhem again? I thought he hadnt been involved since about the time of De Mysteriis, have never heard the Tormentor album of his from the late 80's was it? The Beast of Attila Csihar has stuff from all his bands through the years including some decidedly ropey ones

That's a really interesting book on so many levels. whether you're a hardcore metal fan or not. Must give it another read, haven't looked at it in a few years!

im not a metal fan at all... i do like some of burzums stuff, and the abruptum i listened to was good too (recommended by gorillamunch). i read this book a couple of months ago. it stops being interesting after euronymous gets murdered and varg goes to jail and all the action fizzles out... all the sociological investigations are a bit boring and shitty. the corpse paint, church burning and violence is interesting enough though.

Is Attila back doing vocals with Mayhem again? I thought he hadnt been involved since about the time of De Mysteriis, have never heard the Tormentor album of his from the late 80's was it? The Beast of Attila Csihar has stuff from all his bands through the years including some decidedly ropey ones

Ya he's been back in the band for over a year i'd say at this stage, new album should be interesting.

The first half of Lords of Chaos is great but it just goes downhill fast in the second half. It got so bad i struggled to finish it. Heard a while ago the writers were trying to get it made into a film, done right it might turn out well but i wouldn't hold my breath

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back