You know you're getting old.... (8 Viewers)

hairy legs, hairy arms and hairy armpits (etc.) are the best.
not sure why someone would want to make their body look like a child's.
This argument always sounds really weird to me, is the only way you can tell the difference between a child and a woman the presence of hair? Does a woman take off her clothes and you suddenly think “My god, she looked 40 a moment ago but she’s clearly only a child!?!” Are men who find it attractive actually sexualising children (this is always feels like a subtext)? Is this another thing women get judged for doing because deep down society still desperately wants to be in control of their bodies?

How does it work for men? Are you constantly asking clean-shaven men “How’s school going?” and then saying “Is this your da?” when a bearded man walks in? How do moustaches fit into this? Do professional cyclists look like big gangly 8-year-olds to you because they shave their bodies?

Hair is hair, some people like it and some people hate it (to look at and/or to have). The shaving = looking like a child argument always feel like a Puritanical “Don’t enjoy sex or being sexy!” moral judgement to me that is ultimately centred on women having control of their bodies. Add it to the pile with other bizarre concepts like men “having a type” and only being allowed for a swim if you have a “beach body”.

This argument always sounds really weird to me, is the only way you can tell the difference between a child and a woman the presence of hair? Does a woman take off her clothes and you suddenly think “My god, she looked 40 a moment ago but she’s clearly only a child!?!” Are men who find it attractive actually sexualising children (this is always feels like a subtext)? Is this another thing women get judged for doing because deep down society still desperately wants to be in control of their bodies?

How does it work for men? Are you constantly asking clean-shaven men “How’s school going?” and then saying “Is this your da?” when a bearded man walks in? How do moustaches fit into this? Do professional cyclists look like big gangly 8-year-olds to you because they shave their bodies?

Hair is hair, some people like it and some people hate it (to look at and/or to have). The shaving = looking like a child argument always feel like a Puritanical “Don’t enjoy sex or being sexy!” moral judgement to me that is ultimately centred on women having control of their bodies. Add it to the pile with other bizarre concepts like men “having a type” and only being allowed for a swim if you have a “beach body”.

.........yes

The shaving = looking like a child argument always feel like a Puritanical “Don’t enjoy sex or being sexy!” moral judgement to me that is ultimately centred on women having control of their bodies.
Honestly I'd say it's usually coming from a place of people trying to defend women from people trying to control their bodies (i.e. pressuring them to shave) ... but yeah I agree that it can feel puritanical (though I doubt that's where @nuke terrorist was coming from)

I didn't mention gender.

Cyclists shave their legs because it is sore to get massage with hairy legs (leg massage is a placebo effect treatment for lactic acid).
Both should be a personal choice.
Leg shaving culture in cycling is comparable to the fashion for women shaving their legs and both stretch into intimidation.

Shaving every day is a waste of time. I do it about every 6 days. Often I use a beard trimmer and leave it at that.
I shave my head every two or three weeks.

The 'beauty' and fashion industries are the big promoters of this stuff.

Cultivated beards, sideburns, moustaches and facial hair have no appeal to me and are usually boring lads following fashions.
I don't think any of Cornu's points stand up.

I didn't mention gender.

Cyclists shave their legs because it is sore to get massage with hairy legs (leg massage is a placebo effect treatment for lactic acid).
Both should be a personal choice.
Leg shaving culture in cycling is comparable to the fashion for women shaving their legs and both stretch into intimidation.

Shaving every day is a waste of time. I do it about every 6 days. Often I use a beard trimmer and leave it at that.
I shave my head every two or three weeks.

The 'beauty' and fashion industries are the big promoters of this stuff.

Cultivated beards, sideburns, moustaches and facial hair have no appeal to me and are usually boring lads following fashions.
I don't think any of Cornu's points stand up.
I don’t think any of yours stand up either so we’re in agreement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back