Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (21 Viewers)

i don't recall being asked for my passport number. PPSN, yes.

I'm not sure if they asked for my passport number, or magically knew it. But they did have it there, they asked for a scan of my passport to make sure it aligned with their records (which I happened to have on my phone), I showed him the scan and they compared what I guessed was the number and name to something on their screen and seemed happy enough.

So they definitely knew my passport number, and could pull up passport info, put it that way. Then they read off a load of other info to doubly confirm things with the name change bit, but yeah, they have that to hand.

All of this came up because my name wasn't quite right.

All done in the Helix. A good mix of us good looking types. I didnt know my PPS number but the attractive person that asked me did.
I’m there this afternoon. Were you in there long?

I'm not sure if they asked for my passport number, or magically knew it. But they did have it there, they asked for a scan of my passport to make sure it aligned with their records (which I happened to have on my phone), I showed him the scan and they compared what I guessed was the number and name to something on their screen and seemed happy enough.

So they definitely knew my passport number, and could pull up passport info, put it that way. Then they read off a load of other info to doubly confirm things with the name change bit, but yeah, they have that to hand.

All of this came up because my name wasn't quite right.

I presented my driver's licence rather than passport. I assumed that it was just for increased likelihood that the person presenting themselves as me was me based on me being in possession of it because they couldn't use the photo to verify identity. It didn't occur to me that they could use something on the license to cross reference against some other info they had on me.

I presented my driver's licence rather than passport. I assumed that it was just for increased likelihood that the person presenting themselves as me was me based on me being in possession of it because they couldn't use the photo to verify identity. It didn't occur to me that they could use something on the license to cross reference against some other info they had on me.
Oh yeah, I used my (American) license as ID, since that's all I had.

But despite that they pulled up the passport info in a few seconds. The lad told me what he was doing, told me why, talked about this covid passport thing (I forget the details of what he said). Once he had all the info in front of him he asked if I had a copy of my passport so he could compare it to their records.

This friday for me, have to get up early and get a bus to Tralee, bloody pain but I suppose it'll be worth it. Might want to hurry up getting a car already.

I suppose my point is that saying "duhhh, they have all our data anyway, just give up already" is pretty much giving people political will to enforce whatever the hell they like

I get that, and I agree. But in this particular case that ship has sailed - if you wanted a vaccination you had to register. What were the alternatives? Open it up to everyone anonymously, and have a free for all? I don’t see any way around having a central register. The issue for me comes down to what happens to the accumulated COVID vaccination program data once the COVID emergency is over. Will it be deleted as it’s no longer needed for the purpose it was gathered for?

I get that, and I agree. But in this particular case that ship has sailed - if you wanted a vaccination you had to register. What were the alternatives? Open it up to everyone anonymously, and have a free for all? I don’t see any way around having a central register. The issue for me comes down to what happens to the accumulated COVID vaccination program data once the COVID emergency is over. Will it be deleted as it’s no longer needed for the purpose it was gathered for?
So why does the guy who knows more about data protection than all of us put together, who has brought the Irish government to the courts over data protection and won, say there is no centralized database? What's going on?

I think he was opposing the creation of a new database just on the general principle of the thing, and he’s right.

But we can all log in on vaccine3.hse.ie and check our vaccination status, soooo…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back