Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

Because we're conditioned to look for a good guy or bad guy and his actions make him look like the bad guy or one's actions speak for how one is perceived.

Yeah - I mean realyl his current job is to look at data and read it out and try and negotiate ways of it not being bad data. They should just alexa to do it.

I got jabbed for the second time yesterday. apart from my arm feeling like it's slightly bruised I am fine.

unfortunately I only hadn't got much sleep (listening to records + internet) when the dawn chorus kicked in and the birds around my house have been singing away loudly all day - I think a few of them are in sealed off chimneys or else they are just partying on the roof of my bedroom.
so I am tired but for non Pfizer reasons.

How long does it take from registering for your vaccine to being called? Roughly speaking.
I just got mine this morning, and I registered... I dunno. Both dates are on thumped now anyway. I think it was about 2-3 weeks.

I got Moderna, and was quietly confident it wouldn't touch me since I'm such a hard case and don't have time for this kind of shite.

And I'm on fucking Mars right now. I was interviewing someone there, and I held it together because I'm such a hard case, but I was very close to just stopping mid sentence, unfocusing my eyes, and contentedly spending the rest of the interview rocking very gently. It's not even all that unpleasant, but it's weird feeling.
Suffices to say the ol' work took a bit of a hit today though.

I just got mine this morning, and I registered... I dunno. Both dates are on thumped now anyway. I think it was about 2-3 weeks.

I got Moderna, and was quietly confident it wouldn't touch me since I'm such a hard case and don't have time for this kind of shite.

And I'm on fucking Mars right now. I was interviewing someone there, and I held it together because I'm such a hard case, but I was very close to just stopping mid sentence, unfocusing my eyes, and contentedly spending the rest of the interview rocking very gently. It's not even all that unpleasant, but it's weird feeling.
Suffices to say the ol' work took a bit of a hit today though.
I felt dopey as fuck after mine. I got it at lunchtime on a wednesday and told work not to expect me back in for the afternoon. I was dozing on the couch when the phone went about 4pm for some work emergency. Sorted it by 5, back on the couch dozing, another fucking emergency at 7:30pm.

For jab 2 I'll be telling work to get fucked.

I felt dopey as fuck after mine. I got it at lunchtime on a wednesday and told work not to expect me back in for the afternoon. I was dozing on the couch when the phone went about 4pm for some work emergency. Sorted it by 5, back on the couch dozing, another fucking emergency at 7:30pm.

For jab 2 I'll be telling work to get fucked.
SUPPOSEDLY if you feel fucked after the first jab, it means you probably had Covid before, otherwise they tend to see stronger reactions to the second dose.

SUPPOSEDLY if you feel fucked after the first jab, it means you probably had Covid before, otherwise they tend to see stronger reactions to the second dose.
interesting. I was sick as hell in Dec 2019 before covid hit in earnest. It happened when I was in Spain and I was floored for the guts of a month, with similar symptoms as those described for covid. I discounted it as being covid due to the timing, but then they said it could well have been around much earlier than first thought.

I wouldn't get the anti-body test because I don't think I'd pay out the money just for the sake of knowing. But I'll see how I get on after jab 2. Most people I know who got it say it hits them worse than the first, but plenty are saying there are no side-effects at all.

Huh. Interesting.

I suspected I had it at the start, Feb/March. One of the security guards I'd interact with daily died and work noped out and told everyone to stay home fairly quickly after that. After a couple of days my hands and toes were swollen and it hurt to type, but I thought it was because I'd stopped cycling in and out of work and my body was pissed off.
Later on I found a bottle of hot sauce from that period which I thought was a dud and didn't have any chilis in it, and I'd just put it in the cupboard. A few months afterwards I tasted it again and it tasted normal.

Later on I read papers about the swollen fingers being a symptom, and obviously not being able to taste hot sauce (or salt, which I ignored at the time). At the time I was also feeling wrecked and burnt from work, so I was attributing everything to that.

But yeah, I suppose that makes sense. I had an extremely fast reaction, and the next day nothing really, just a bruised arm.

btw, from talking to some mates northside, they seem a little bit behind and people older than some people who have already been jabbed southside, are still waiting for their call.
this is definitely borne out by what i'm hearing anecdotally; two friends who registered the same night, 9 days apart in age. the lad who lives on the southside has had his first shot, the chap who lives northside has yet to hear anything. anyone i know in the 46/47/48 age bracket who has their shot lives on the southside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back