D'you like dags? (2 Viewers)

HUG is fantastic! And a retired greyhound can be such a good choice, they're already trained to walk on a lead and they are so very, very incredibly lazy.
a friend of mine described owning a greyhound as like being asoldier in a war.
long boring periods where you're just lying around and nothing happens, followed by ten minutes of utter mayhem you're still trying to make sense of hours later.

though my favourite tale about their lad, alfie, was they were taking him for a walk on sandymount strand, as they would; alfie would usually tear off at full gallop for a few hundred metres, turn back towards them, reach them and tear off in another direction, and repeat this until he ran out of puff.
one day he tore off and just kept going. and going. they realised there was a lump on the horizon he was headed for, and by the time they reached him, he'd had several minutes of doggy heaven of rolling in a dead and putrid seal carcass. it took a week to get the smell out of his coat.

Cats are wankers though
though my favourite tale about their lad, alfie, was they were taking him for a walk on sandymount strand, as they would; alfie would usually tear off at full gallop for a few hundred metres, turn back towards them, reach them and tear off in another direction, and repeat this until he ran out of puff.
one day he tore off and just kept going. and going. they realised there was a lump on the horizon he was headed for, and by the time they reached him, he'd had several minutes of doggy heaven of rolling in a dead and putrid seal carcass. it took a week to get the smell out of his coat.

Does this dog and his owners live in Grangegorman / just off NCR?

I've been hanging out with my walking buddy's little ball of rage and it's great craic. I think @snakybus your crew would love the companionship that comes with them.

I'd get a small one because the shits are smaller.
Thanks! Yeah I don't mind the work so much. I think. Can't be much harder than four kids and two bands, right? Right? Erk.

Missus snaky has her heart set on a golden retriever. She's the one who's been saying "NO DOGS IN THIS HOUSE" for ten years. Maybe I'll tell her about the big shits.

Thanks! Yeah I don't mind the work so much. I think. Can't be much harder than four kids and two bands, right? Right? Erk.

Missus snaky has her heart set on a golden retriever. She's the one who's been saying "NO DOGS IN THIS HOUSE" for ten years. Maybe I'll tell her about the big shits.
The dog can baby sit your 4 kids

Seconding the "forget holidays" point made above. We haven't been away since getting our second one.

Pros: they're cute, you have to walk them, security
Cons: you have to walk them, clean up poo, clean up hair, get up to let them out, get up again to let them in, get up again to let them out, get up again to let them in......, they wreck your car, wreck your lawn, poo, as soon as you think about food they're in your face, you might trip over them and brake your foot possibly, get used to yelling whatever name you call them, vet bills

I could go on.

But, unconditional love.

I think exploring your pro/con list and deciding what would be a big deal for you will help you pick a breed and that'll make a big difference to how pleasant your new life is. And then think about what breed would like living with you, will they be on their own much? Dogs Trust list the dog's or puppy's breed or mix.

A lot of the little dogs I meet are very yappy, they yap away when I pass their house. I would not enjoy living with that. From Anthony's con list, walking distance and hair you can mitigate with breed. The car and food you can mitigate with training, breed plays into being trainable (but your own consistency is more important). Poo.. you've got four kids, like, you must've seen some shit.

Our dog is (we think) a quarter collie. He likes having a job to do, so we give him jobs to do and he's happy. If you find out how to make your dog happy, everybody wins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back