Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

They are the defence forces, I don't know that this is a bad time to mobilize a large group of people to help defend us against this virus if they are currently busy doing nothing else. They have trucks and tents etc, they don't need to bring guns. Although I accept the creeping militarization thing in general
Ah i know, the issue is that they are being funded on the first place instead of, say, the NHS.

"Experts in logistics" being wheeled out as if they just exist to make episodes of Top Gear.

would be curious to know if the armed gardai carry their arms at all times? i am vaguely aware that they're not allowed leave them unattended in a car, even if locked.
Any time i've (rarely) seen my ASU neighbour in uniform at his house he's had his handgun on him. Never seen him with the MP7 or whatever he has; presumably that's left locked in the car (which always had at least one other cop in it at the time.)

Another neighbour is a detective. Dunno if he's armed or not though.

I know he's Jeremy Clarkson but God it's really depressing how much people worship the army for "getting things done" as if they don't accidentally drop bombs on hospitals all the time.

An entire culture crying out to be oppressed.

source.gif

Accidentally on purpose?

Last time I checked the best responses to Covid have been when it was responded to locally taking local concerns into consideration. I take your point that when the army turn up and tell everyone we're doing it this way it'll get things moving in that way, but no I don't think that's a good thing unless you do actually want a society that's run by the military

I know this is going to turn into "I know X and he's in the army and he's sound" and I can say the same thing about a few people, but tell me why this actually needs to be run by the military? Is it just we have defunded everything else to the point where the military is the only body with any capacity?

I don't know where to start with this. I haven't met anyone who's been in the army who hasn't been an arse in their own special way. I can get along with them, and they are useful to work with. All you have to do is shout at them, it's gas.

Also, I don't think it's a new thing that the health sector doesn't get enough money while the military gets too much. I think that's been happening for a while.

A friend has just been diagnosed with covid for a second time. No clue if it’s a different strain, but her whole family are freaked out now.

A friend has just been diagnosed with covid for a second time. No clue if it’s a different strain, but her whole family are freaked out now.
i've heard stories of people getting it, seemingly nearly recovering, but nosediving months later. but i assume this case is a 'test positive/test negative/test positive again a few months later' scenario?

how is she? worse or lesser dose than the first one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back