Crashplan (1 Viewer)

d m n

Website
www.dennismcnulty.com
I'm thinking of forking out for Crashplan or something similar.
Any recommendations? Pros, cons of the various options?

My main concern is that I don't want to install something that's going to interfere with my day to day use of the computer i.e. that it doesn't hog cpu to back stuff up when I'm in the middle of something important.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
d.

It is was cluttering my mind. Do I need to keep this shit? Maybe... i can't even remember whats in it...

It's good value if you need it I guess. It's not as easy as dropbox to manage - stuff is not quiet as easily accessible

Hmmm. I'm always inclined to steer away from the massive companies that are trying to do everything and own the world. My logic is that a company doing a single task is more likely to develop and retain expertise in relation to that task. Amazon's 'Drive' department will have to deal with a whole load of corporate interdepartmental aggro in relation to resources and power structures, in addition to doing their job.

Crashplan works fine. I wish they'd offer the option to backup phone data, but otherwise it seems to do the job pretty seamlessly.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

d.

of course it goes up to $10 a month then... but i'll worry about that in 2018

Informative. I think my subscription comes around in January. I see they are touting some other crowd called Carbonite as a replacement... must do some research!

Informative. I think my subscription comes around in January. I see they are touting some other crowd called Carbonite as a replacement... must do some research!

carbonite is too expensive for the amount of storage they offer

Craving unlimited cloud storage? That all-you-can-eat buffet is shutting down | ZDNet

"Carbonite's base plan is notable because it does not back up video files. It does offer three tiers of unlimited backup plans. The ones that back up video are priced at a premium."

Hmmm, think I'm going to have to go for the Crashplan business plan as well.
Don't forget you can backup videos for free to google photos' free tier, if you don't mind them transcoding the files - i've a load of 1080p video camera & phone footage up there and the quality is fine, but i've not tried anything higher resolution like 1440p PC footage or any 4k stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back