What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

Volver probably Almodovar's most effortless, easy-to-love movie. Hadn't seen it since it was out in the cinema, really good.
p159825_d_v7_aa.jpg

Hated it!

Started Guzo last night (watched the town over the weekend). Not sure if I'm completely digging it, but I am enjoying it more than Ben's effort.

1287678_ori.jpg

Mad Max Fury: wonderfully demented. The automated dialogue replacement was a bit noticeable at times.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Grand superhero shite, was funny hearing an Irish woman's voice doing the feedback voice of Ironman's suit.

The Visit: Good storyline but I've had my fill of 'found footage' films at this stage.

Mistress America. Not a patch on Frances Ha I didn't think. As a farce it simply wasn't funny enough and I'm not sure if Gerwig had the charisma for the title role. That said the script certainly had it's moments and the main character was played pretty well. Expected something a little less twee from the soundtrack with Dean 'Galaxie 500' Wareham doing the tunes but he was great in his cameo as Harold. Still enjoyed it, partly because the people I was with were digging it but it was a bit uneven. Might stand up a bit better on second viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back