What movie did you watch last night? (37 Viewers)

The Paperboy. Just above average adaptation of a very good book. The cast ham this up quite a bit and the director never really gets a grasp of the swampy southern atmosphere. The story is interesting enough to lift this out of the realm of the very ordinary though. Matthew McConaughey is once again the best thing in this. I'm loving his career resurgence of late.
The+paperboy.jpg

pot.jpg
Difference-between-Kettle-and-Teapot.jpg

Anyway, last night was Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa. Bloody brilliant.

I deny everything....... Something to do with kitchens right?!

Saw oblivion last night
Twas alright
Ok sci-fi action fillum.
It was waaay too long tho as per usual
and Tom cruise is a cunt but he's ok in it. Script wasnt great
but overall it's not a bad aul flick

It was quaint already back in the early 90s. It was quaint when Annie Hall did it. It's shit now because it's a ubiquitous lifestyle choice

220px-Only_God_Forgives_poster.jpg

I was so looking forward to this one. I did enjoy it but not as much as the directors other films. Maybe I was too hyped for it.

The film looks amazing, the cinematography/lighting looks so good.I am not sure what lost me on it.

I didn't mind Frances Ha, some punchable hipstery types in there alright but any irritating kookiness was undercut by the whole 2nd half of the film being essentially about how that lifestyle was really just a way of avoiding real adulthood and how lonely, uncertain about her future and left behind by her peers she felt.

Saw the Alan Partridge film today, bit disappointed to be honest, had its moments but not a great deal of laugh-out-loud ones, and I didn't think the tone of the TV show meshed all that well with the siege / action movie bits.

Curse-of-the-Golden-Flower.jpg

MV5BODg3MTYwODY3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDk2MzYwNQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

after recommending these to someone, i rewatched them due to recommendation anxiety. i made the awful mistake of downloading dubbed instead of subtitled versions. Such a difference. the dubs are awful altogether - lost so much of the acting nuance and all that. i still recommend them, but go for the subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back