Quotes from your parents (3 Viewers)

My dad's comments are just cutting, rather than cassically "elderly".

His latest note said
"I left you some money for milk and bread. I presume you've already spent it on crayons. Maybe think less about rainbows and more about leaving the house for actual food. PS I hid more bread money in the hot press."

Another doozy:
"What are you up to tonight? I presume you have no plans...well I'M going out for drinks with MY FRIENDS. You just sit there. SEE YOU."

His latest note said
"I left you some money for milk and bread. I presume you've already spent it on crayons. Maybe think less about rainbows and more about leaving the house for actual food. PS I hid more bread money in the hot press."

Another doozy:
"What are you up to tonight? I presume you have no plans...well I'M going out for drinks with MY FRIENDS. You just sit there. SEE YOU."

Are these hand written? Pics! That latest one is brilliant. I wish I found that on my table. Now I kind want some crayons.

I hope you respond in kind:

"What you at tonight old man? Out boozing again with your gay friends? Do us a favour and drive home. PS leave more 'bread' money in the cistern I've run out of indigo"

His latest note said

Another doozy:

I really want to go for pints with your dad. Actually he may be my new hero. Actually I may even be your dad.

No wait. I'm not your dad. But I aspire to be your dad. wait no I mean he's the dad I want to be ? Is that right ?

Your Dad!!!!

Are these hand written? Pics! That latest one is brilliant. I wish I found that on my table. Now I kind want some crayons.

The first was the note he left before heading away for a few weeks - sentimental, huh? - the second he just said to me on his way out the door the other day. What a guy!

I really want to go for pints with your dad. Actually he may be my new hero. Actually I may even be your dad.

No wait. I'm not your dad. But I aspire to be your dad. wait no I mean he's the dad I want to be ? Is that right ?

Your Dad!!!!

Yep. Even I want to be my dad. Its like living with a jellyfish

I don’t think the world will end either, but I do believe it will end as we know it, not necessarily on the 21st but… . I believe there is a great change coming soon. A lot of sickness, death , starvation and violence at our door step.

Sounds like someone's considering a move to ireland.

Mam: What are you going to do with yourself?

Me: I'm just waiting for this Hitchcock thing to come on

Mam: Something Windows?? That's Hitchcook isn't it?

On Skype on Christmas Day to my brother that lives in Germany, one of the two nephews is running about with a toy fireman's helmet on, and my da says to my brother "Did you hear about those 2 firefighters that were shot dead in America?"

My brother and myself were politely sitting on the couch eating these party food mini pizza things last night. My Dad awakes from a snooze turns to us and says:-

"Look at ye, happier than two pigs sitting in their own shit".

He then gets up and leaves the room.

Me: I'm going to have to get a good mirror when I go back up to Dublin.
My Mam: You can have that silver one your father got me as a present.
Me: I'm not taking that, he went out of his way to pick it out.
My Mam: I'll tell him that you loved his colour scheme and frame style choice and that I had to send it back up with you. Sure is your brother driving you up? *She then mockingly practices her speech to my dad* "She really loved it now, really did, said she wouldn't see the likes of it in Dublin and that you made a great choice and have a great eye for design".
Me:"I'm not taking it, he'll make some joke about me taking everything."
My Mam once again practising her lies "Roisin really loved it, she really did, I couldn't let her leave the yard without it".
Me: No.
My Mam: "Roisin, I hate it, doesn't match the vision I had for a mirror in the room. Its going with you and he'll be delighted that you like his good eye for style so much".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back