Quotes from your parents (1 Viewer)

Also.... I've been hearing about a cock pheasant roosting in a tree about 400m from the front lawn in the field in front of the house now for a while.
When I came down last Saturday night she was all delighted that she could finally show me.

My Mam: "Every day about half four in the evening he parks up for the night, we'll have a look tomorrow for him, oh he is a big beauty".
Me:"Oh thats lovely, I can't wait to see him."
My brother:"He'll be dead on Stephen's day with the gun club".
My Mam angrily: "They've been told they're not allowed to shoot around the house!?!".

So the next day the two of us spend ages looking at this big burnt orange blurry circle down the field sitting half way up a huge oak tree. She's coming out with lots of "oh isn't it lovely to have him here and oh isn't he great".

So every day this week we've been out looking and complimenting his ability to stay put during the windy weather. This evening I said that we should get out the good binoculars tomorrow morning to have a look at him up close. The woman nearly starts to cry and turns to me and goes...

"I thought he was doing well holding on in the wind so I went down to have a look... and you know what it was.. a big FUCKING bunch of leaves still on the tree".

Me:"We won't mention this to the lads so".

Thankfully there is a cock peasant down the field he just isn't in the tree and she only noticed the half four thing as its the time she's out around the place after coming back from work.

My mother:

You could have had a big hit on youtube if you'd filmed your Dad falling over and smashing the things on the mantle piece with his head and then put your woman saying "ah here, leave it out" over the top of it.

Me ma: 'the priest asked me if i wanted to renew our marriage vows for our 50th wedding anniversary.
Me: what?!
me ma: yeah, i told him you don't boil cabbage twice

*the preiest obviously doesn't know my parents very well

Skype conversation this evening:

Mom: Happy Birthday! Don't worry too much about today because with everyday you're a little bit older. It could be worse, you could be like the guy who fell in the sink hole 20 miles down the road. He didn't get to see 38.
Me: I know, I'm actually fine.
Mom: You don't look fine.
Dad:Why are you wearing a winter hat it's 80 degrees?
Me: Umm, because it's cold here. It's not a tropical island.
Dad: If it was, we'd visit.
Mom: Are you sure you're okay.
Me: Yes. I had the day off because of Jesus, which was nice.
Mom: What did you do?
Me: What Jesus would.
Mom: (not hearing me) WHAT DID YOU DO?
Mom: (directed toward neighbor walking by) Don't worry, I'm not crazy I'm talking to my daughter on the computer. She's in Ireland. It's her birthday. (distant happy birthday echos)

Me: I watched movies, Mom.
Mom: So that's all you did?
Me: Yep, remember it's cold out and a holiday so people are with their families.
Dad: You need to get out of the house.
Me: I'd thought I'd wait for a sink hole.
Dad (again not hearing) WHAT?
Me: Nothing. Any news?
Dad: Did you hear about the guy down the road and that sink hole? He was your age, I think.
Me: You don't say?

My mother is very fond of one sentence emails with no subjects. It's her version of texting since she doesn't own a cell phone. It cracks me up sometimes. This could also be in minor pleasures.

just wanted to say hi mom

My Da

"Yeah so the bad news is that I've just found out that [the company he works for] is almost certainly going out of business, but the good news is that we booked a cruise"

Last time he worked for a company that went tits up he'd just booked a month long holiday to Brazil. Coincidence ? Or is he spending more time looking at holiday websites than working ?

Oh man. I responded, "Hi, any news?" to get this back, "No not really just counting the days till you get here mom"

By the time I go home next month, it wil have been 2 years and 10 months since I've seen any of my family. I'm a bad daughter.

Also.... I've been hearing about a cock pheasant roosting in a tree about 400m from the front lawn in the field in front of the house now for a while.
When I came down last Saturday night she was all delighted that she could finally show me.

My Mam: "Every day about half four in the evening he parks up for the night, we'll have a look tomorrow for him, oh he is a big beauty".
Me:"Oh thats lovely, I can't wait to see him."
My brother:"He'll be dead on Stephen's day with the gun club".
My Mam angrily: "They've been told they're not allowed to shoot around the house!?!".

So the next day the two of us spend ages looking at this big burnt orange blurry circle down the field sitting half way up a huge oak tree. She's coming out with lots of "oh isn't it lovely to have him here and oh isn't he great".

So every day this week we've been out looking and complimenting his ability to stay put during the windy weather. This evening I said that we should get out the good binoculars tomorrow morning to have a look at him up close. The woman nearly starts to cry and turns to me and goes...

"I thought he was doing well holding on in the wind so I went down to have a look... and you know what it was.. a big FUCKING bunch of leaves still on the tree".

Me:"We won't mention this to the lads so".

Thankfully there is a cock peasant down the field he just isn't in the tree and she only noticed the half four thing as its the time she's out around the place after coming back from work.

still one of my favourite posts

Ireland's Own forum?

I keep getting one line emails asking what we have here since they are visiting in October. Apparently, hydration is on their mind.

Do they have soda there?
Do they sell Coors Light in the bars?
Can I drink the water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back