Quotes from your parents (1 Viewer)

"Ah, she's only an aul bitch, that one."

An out-of-character outburst from my mother on hearing that a trainee butler position at Buckingham Palace only pays £15,000 a year.

My da in relation to people trying to get other people to do stuff and it not working... "You can bring a horse to water, but you cant make em throw stones at people in glass houses"

Awkward Skype Chat with Parents:

Dad: What’s that rustling noise in the background? Did you finally get a cat?
Me: No, I’m just fidgeting with things on the table.
Mom: You should get cat so you’re not alone.
Me: I don’t need a cat.
Dad: There’s a stray down here. It’s kinda weird though. I’ve been feeding it.
Mom: Yeah, you’d like it…
Me: Why because it’s weird? How is it weird?
Dad: It lurks around and hides in the corner.
Me: Are you trying to say I’m a creepy lurker?
Dad: It looks around the place very carefully… like you do. Never talks.
Me: Cats don’t talk.
Dad: Well not talk but it doesn’t make any sounds.
Mom: We should send it to you!
Me: What, the cat?
Mom: We could mail it to take the place of (name omitted).
Me: Like in a box with holes?… umm, pretty sure you can’t do that.
Dad: But mail goes on the plane, why can’t a cat? People travel with their pets. It’d be special mail.
Me: They don’t let you post stray animals to other countries, Dad.
Mom: But it’d be good company. I’ll look into it.
Me: Please don’t…(wants to hit head on coffee table but can’t because they can see me)

I really want to meet your parents!

They're unintentionally funny folk. My mother is fascinated by Skype and technology. They 'winter' in Florida since they're both retired now and the community they live in (think Seinfeld's parents) just got wi-fi. My mother carried the laptop around the park and introduced me to everyone. I was just on the screen waving at people. I felt like one of those preserved heads on Futurama. "This is my daughter from Ireland"…. I'm pretty sure I'm from New York but whatever. My mother also likes the green light on gchat because... "Green means you're still alive."

There was a cat update. My mother spoke to the postman and found out she couldn't send it. I wish I could have heard that conversation. They've also named the stray 'Four' after me since I am the 4th kid. When I would call home my dad would say, "Pick up the phone, it's number 4." Feel the love.

"If we don’t make it past the 21st, or the satellites fall from the sky and there is no internet or electricity know that I love you. Please take Friday off and spend the night with xxxxx just in case"

Oh, it just got better and it's obvious where I got my 'dramatic flare' from.... (it's been two years I should really visit)

"I don’t think the world will end either, but I do believe it will end as we know it, not necessarily on the 21st but… . I believe there is a great change coming soon. A lot of sickness, death , starvation and violence at our door step. I feel as though I will not see you again and it saddens me. Please be safe. [ A few omitted paragraphs] Take care I love you and your one of my favorite things in my life (not that you’re a thing, but you know what I mean) :) "

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back