Teatime Express: R.I.P (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Sad to see it go.

Was always slightly more expensive than the others, but you got what you paid for....

Australian_Layer.jpg

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/1106/1224326179805.html

The Tea Time Express bakery in Dublin which has been in business since 1938 is to close with the loss of 30 jobs.

The bakery, in Chapelizod Industrial Estate, recently took part in the RTÉ show The Takeover, which aimed to help the business survive the recession, but it will cease operation on December 21st.

Managing director Donal Hogan said he was devastated but claimed it was a logical move.

“The figures just do not add up,” he said. “Sales are down, but the cost of raw ingredients has been increasing significantly over the last three years. It has been particularly bad over the last 12 months.

“We are all just devastated. Some of the staff have worked there for around 30 years. They have dedicated many years of their life into working for the business.”

Mr Hogan said he hoped the bakery would be back in business in time. “There is a strong possibility that it could return . . . but it is up to someone else who wants to pick it up.”

Tea Time Express distributed to more than 1,000 shops throughout Ireland.

The bakery, in Chapelizod Industrial Estate, recently took part in the RTÉ show The Takeover, which aimed to help the business survive the recession, but it will cease operation on December 21st.
phew! back for xmas on the 20th, just in time to grab one last cake

After watching the show with the non-manager staff running the show for 2 weeks, I wasn't surprised they've have to kick the can on the whole operations.

The two managers were clearly stuck back in the 80's. They hated anything to do with making cupcakes. Cupcakes are a shit idea but they're a popular product. If you're not going to innovate or modernise any of your goods, you're going to get fucked. Like these guys.

I thought teatime express cakes were fucking horrible - the very definition of shop cake

Apparently they used to be nice back in the 60s, before fakeness was invented

True and I agree but products like these are more tied to memory than the actual taste.
It tastes good because the memory is good.

Eggs telling like it is.Poxy dry shoppy confections.Fake cream..gash.

The old days.Most of it was shite.

the only public reaction I've seen so far is this thread.

Prolly fucked so.

Eggs telling like it is.Poxy dry shoppy confections.Fake cream..gash.

The old days.Most of it was shite.

Something someone makes themselves is not only nicer, it means more.

I have come out against buying cakes for people.

"I think so much of you, I stopped in Centra and bought a Swiss fucking Roll"

F that.

Thats a goood one..cos I was about to say they're the sort of thing you'd rock up to the Mother in Laws with on a Mothers Days before we had widespread Sunday opening.

More of an insult than anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back