REAPER HEADMELT AREA (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 261
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 4
SAKE!

Is it possible to send track 1 and its effects to track 2 and record the incoming signal as a plain audio file? I can manage the send alright and it works like an aux channel but i want to record to audio and I can't seem to do it, the send/receive buses are not available as recording inputs. I'd have accomplished this simple task a good 40 minutes ago if i had just sent it to a physical output and recorded that back in but I may as well try to find out now. I hope that makes sense.

right click on item/track
apply fx as new take
explode takes to new tracks
tidy up a bit

would that cover you?

I'm having another problem with this now. I have a track of synth with a gate on it and the gate is being triggered by the drum track. the "apply fx as new take" worked fine to change the midi to audio (so i could get rid of the synth and free up some cpu) but I can't apply the rest of the plugs to as a new take, its just giving me blank audioless files. I suspect it's because its not picking up the drum track to trigger the gate while its doing this kinda processing. any ideas? I'm a bit tight on the cpu, it wont be the end of the world if i have to leave the gate on though.

Curious. On the track in question theres a gate, compressor and saturation plugin and the performance meter lists around 9%cpu for this track. If i bypass the compressor it goes up to 14%.

I'm having another problem with this now. I have a track of synth with a gate on it and the gate is being triggered by the drum track. the "apply fx as new take" worked fine to change the midi to audio (so i could get rid of the synth and free up some cpu) but I can't apply the rest of the plugs to as a new take, its just giving me blank audioless files. I suspect it's because its not picking up the drum track to trigger the gate while its doing this kinda processing. any ideas? I'm a bit tight on the cpu, it wont be the end of the world if i have to leave the gate on though.

i'm just trying to figure out what is going on here..

(Drum in trigger from other track)
midi - > synth -> gate -> other fx -> output

is that it?

a possible reach-around would be to mute everything but that track and render it to stereo pair within the file?? i feel like i did that on something recently.

i'm just trying to figure out what is going on here..

midi - > synth -> gate -> other fx -> output

is that it?

Yeah except the midi is gone now, converted that to audio track so now its
audio -> gate (with the Drum from other track triggering it) -> other fx -> output

a possible reach-around would be to mute everything but that track and render it to stereo pair within the file?? i feel like i did that on something recently.

That would probably work alright. I tried applying fx again without the gate and it worked but it doesnt sound right to then just run the gate on that audio, i think i need the gate and the compressor working together. I'm just going to ignore problem for the time being as i'm nearly finished and for christmas i'll just get infinite cpu power.

I found the solution to this on the reaper forums of all places. if you right-click on the record button theres a "record output" menu with various options. I still haven't quite got it figured out yet though.

Also, I rendered a finished track yesterday (Thumped Is Shite), the first one I've rendered. The panning in the rendered file is not the same as the panning that I had in the mix. It sounds like the left and right are just completely switched, im not sure if theres anything more odd than that. My computer was struggling so maybe it had something to do with that.

I'll have to look at the right click tonight and see what comes up. that panning thing, off the top of my head one thing to check is the routing in the output matrix. my monitors and heads are on different channels, so 1+2 is main speakers, 7+8 is heads (L + R). occasionally i fuck this up and click 6+7 along with 7+8, so my heads are reading a biased stereo image, meaning i pan things wrong.

So,you wanna record a post fader/fx track to another track?
If so,Thats handy..just set the i/o from track a to track b..using audio channels 3/4

I know that cant be your problem though..its too handy

Right,you select i/o your new track that you wanna bounce to...then you add a send from track a...when you do that you'll see a little yoke underneath with uttons saying audio 1/2 =(arrowy thing)1/2..drop down on the one on the right to 3/4..bingo.Then you record arm the input on that channel..hang on..I'll do it here and tell ya exactly

Its even handier..you just drag one i/o to the next and set record to output

I still cant figure out how to record that gated effect to a track of audio. I still haven't finished the 2 minute track i started last april.

There's not even a need to "record" the audio on a new track. You can just right-click the audio / midi file on the track and select "Apply track FX to item as new take". The audio from that is automatically imported, in time and in place, as a separate "take", still stored on the same channel.

It doesnt work when one of the track fx is a gate triggered by another track though

True true. Of course Gaz's way is the correct routing way to do it, but as a work around you could also just solo the two channels you're working with and render a master mix of those 2 channels alone, reimporting the result when complete.

ANyone interested in that RADO theme from Gazzer's link should read this first - otherwise you'll be in headmelt area trying to install it. It's been my preferred theme for a while now... http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=823914&postcount=1100

I successfully render sidechained fx last week.Its handy Shaney!!Must 10 ways to do it.

Reapers current theme is deadly..only gripe is the pre fader peak indicators..but that dosent matter when yer recording yourself.Plus,I'm picking up a second monitor off my bro tomoro...I can't wait,meant to grab it last week..its a 21" hi-def crt..it'll take up a bit of space but I'll have mixer and arranger split!!Thats gonna be well slick!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back