REAPER HEADMELT AREA (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 261
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 4
The Mound did Raised On Rock on a Roland 8 track. I loaded all the tracks onto the mac and remixed one of the songs on a DAW once just out of interest. I was able to fuck about with the drum sound and improve it but you'd hardly notice the difference. I have nothing against that sort of thing.

Yeah neither have I now.If I can remix the extant tracks I'm unhappy with to a level where they are acceptable I'm gonna lash em on the next release as "bonus" tracks!in October.

Well,yeah I think so.My plan all along was to start tracking in August and we're ready to do that so I think its a goer.
its just gonna be an EP though,6 tunes or so.I'm thinking audio quality over quantity.make sure I get 6 totally spot on.

Lads, Reaper question: I go back to the start of a song to record a track, hit pause, then record, and the playhead jumps to about 5 seconds into the song. annoying.

Thoughts?

Well,thats a new one on me.I generally just ctl/r at the point I wanna start recording.I dont think I've ever actually used pause.....in fact..until now it never even occured to me!

What you wanna be doing is...press 'home'(that'll return you to the start..then ctl/r.
Handy tip!Hit space bar to stop and again to save that take.If you wanna undo use ctl/z as normal.
Thatsmy workflow for tracking anyway..and it fucking rocks along!

interesting.

I use W to return to home between takes, and then the same (Well mac) appleR to record. dont see the need for pause. somewhere in the settings there is a run-in setting where you can set a 4 count or 8 count run in before it records, you could take a look at those settings.

edit: theres no reason to use pause, mine also jumps five secs in too if i do it. i remember using pause with my 4 track cos it had a quiter run in, there is no reason here.

yeah i was having that too, but i got it sorted. wicked bad it was. only when using guitar rig though. very odd.

SOunds like your guitar rig is sucking up your cpu

I thought so, and that was certainly what the forums were saying. But Guitar Rig has a display that shows you how much of a draw on the CPU it is, it peaked at 9% so it wasn't that. And i've a FW interface. I reckon it was Reaper oddness. Think it's sorted now though. Actually Omo, Panty has me using Jason Lowensteins drum samples in Reaper. They are CLASS, you should check 'em out if you haven't already.

@TRANSFORMATION - went home and just used the commands you suggested for recording and all was well, cheers dude.

Nice one mark , glad to be of service.Reaper is so fucking deadly.It does everything super handy once you get yer system in order.

I havent tried them drum samples...must check em out.

Ahh here,you'll be asking us where we rob our tunes from next

Midi loops from the internet is where its at man.Get scouring!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back