REAPER HEADMELT AREA (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 261
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 4
Theres a torrent with 9000 of them floating about too...sure grab ezplayer while yer at it

sound, thanks lads. I'll download a few of them maybe and see how i get on. I'd say trying them all out to find one that suits is a bit tiresome. TRANSFORMATION, your pm idea is deadly, im just after understanding it now.

mmmmmmmmmmmmidi

NEVER!!!

between the choice of having all the worlds most amazing sounding instruments at my finger tips, or getting someone who actually plays the thing every day all over the country/world and has had five or ten or fifiteen or twenty years to learn to use the thing, i'd choose the latter every time. plugins are for demo's and saps.

NEVER!!!

between the choice of having all the worlds most amazing sounding instruments at my finger tips, or getting someone who actually plays the thing every day all over the country/world and has had five or ten or fifiteen or twenty years to learn to use the thing, i'd choose the latter every time. plugins are for demo's and saps.

thats all well and good, of course

I had a quick look at the new one. I dunno about new features and functionality, the old one seemed fine to me, but the new default layout is a bit crapper than the old one.

I'm not going near it.I fear for my workflow.I have it all nice.I may stick with what I've got forever.

Tried it again there and it did prompt me, although i hadn't made any changes this time. stupid thing.

It also crashed yesterday, just completely shut down off the screen, although that might have been a cracked plugin thing or my shite pc.

Edit: i shouldnt say these things really i suppose, its probably all my fault

plugins do that to me once in a while. a mac is no place for reaper, its 98% bullet proof but there is the odd hiccup that just takes the edge off. that said, i'd be nowhere with this record if reaper didnt exist.

Bogey plug ins are where the problems arise.I havent crashed once not using them.

Tell ya what..that ReaComp is one amazing fucking yoke though.I dont know how subtle it could be as I havent tried it on anything light and airy or with much dynamic..but if you just want yer tracks slammed to the fucking wall....which I do...aww yaeh.....its awesome.

I generally make everything sound worse when i start messing with compressors and eqs, but i do it anyway. I should take some time to learn them properly. I figured out how to do sidechaining in reaper yesterday, it seems a little unnecessarily complex - you should be able to just chose a track from the comp/gate to use as the sidechain input and leave it at that, but once you know how its grand i suppose.

Well,my general rule with eq's is only use them subtractively for the most part.If I hear a frequency thats dosent belong for whatever reason,be it a bit crunchy or just in the way etc..then I'll whip it out.Gotta be careful pushing freqs up because yer losing headroom.Otherwise I do fuck all eging.Ideally you wanna be doing exactly that.Nowadays I put myself mentally back in the 50's.They made great records then with no compression hardly and barely any eqing..it was all just mic placement and room sound etc.I dont know this as fact,I'm just going by old movies and stuff I've seen on telly,the studios were very rudimentary and yet they still managed to bang out hit records.

Compression-I just want my tracks a uniform volume so thats the boy for the job.

Sidechaining is very useful for ducking guitar solos outta the way of the singing..but its not an exact science so I tend to record only what I'm gonna need although I do love a wailing uninterrupted guitar lead track so it see's a bit of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back