REAPER HEADMELT AREA (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 261
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 4
I still cant figure out how to record that gated effect to a track of audio. I still haven't finished the 2 minute track i started last april.

OK I finally actually looked in Reaper to do this.

Track 1 is the one with the Gated sound.

Create Track 2.

Clico I/O on Track 1 and Add New Send, select track 2 - like this:

cs80modifiedreaperv414e.jpg

Click Record Arm on Track 2.
Click the monitor IN/OUT button on track 2 and Select Record: Output Stereo on Track 2 like this:

cs80modifiedreaperv414e.jpg

NOw press record on the master transport control and track 1 will dub onto track 2.

Respect to that post.Thats quality work.

HAHAHA!!Aww pissy!I was on the reaper forum last night and it dawned on me that NO I havent RTFM..like a total knob.TODAY is the day though!Schools IN!

i've read a lot of it. i can find the part where it describes how mark takes with a 'from' marker. i need to be able to mark a point in a take that i can make snap to the grid. not the start or end, somewhere in between.

So,I've made a wee improvement to my workflow some might be intersted in.
I keep my microphone on the other side of the studio as far from the whirring machines as possible.This keeps my noise right down.But,when I'm tracking,I normally make about 10/12 takes for comping(usually the middle 6 are where the good stuff is)anyway,I was getting a pain in the gicker constantly running back and forth to arm/record tracks,mute /unmute the monitors,cans etc etc so I got a second usb keyboard and a usb extension cable and now can control Reaper from the mic position.Its a fucking revalation and I cant urge anyone tracking vocals strongly enough to get round to tesco ASAP and get a USB keyboard(I got mine in the charity shop for €2..YAY!).Its made it a LOT easier to get consistant sounding proximity effect because I dont have to move my feet and so I can keep my head EXACTLY in postion through all takes..This in turn is lowering the need for mad amounts of compression..although thats a personal preference.I'm starting to think the less has to be done to the recorded signal the better sounding my shit is getting.Its more polished.There ya go.Tried andtested and reccomended.The sws extensions can create keyboard shortcuts for anything you want to do.Absolutely anything as far as I can tell.I havent been unable to do anything I want.

Plus and this goes without saying..a bit of a novelty factor helps motivate you to work

That post was a post of pure chuffedness.|..|I coulda said all that in about two sentences.Ahh well.

Thanks Transformation.

I've been getting a memory warning message all day today which I ignored as I'm only running a few tracks and even my old yoke can generally manage a session like this no problem but now it's frozen and I can't remember when I last saved. Just before it froze it warned me it was in danger of crashing. I think I'll reboot it and hope I have that backup thing switched on, I should know by now I'll need it.

Aww balls.No timed rpp backup files about the place?Too bad.Bad for morale that.

And yeah ann post; Reamote is the job I've discovered.

I'm defo reading the manual this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back