What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

fell asleep about halfway through which is a shame because i was enjoying it but i doubt i'll pick it back up again. the half that i saw was a good looking mix of zombie/vampire/road/post-apocalyptic movies. may have descended into silliness by the end but i'll never know
stake_land.jpg

This was an interesting story, brilliantly acted, although it dragged in parts and felt very long. Plus the Frenchie is cute but too damn French

Agree with everything you have to say about the flick. Certainly worth a look. Bit too many scenes with no dialogue and a lone instrument as a soundtrack I think.

super_8_movie_poster.jpg

i preferred cloverfield. the problem with super 8 is that it starts off really well, a fun spielberg/80s adventure movie homage, but as soon as the monster appears all the tension is sucked from the film. the ending is massively shit. cloverfield has a much more frightening concept, a huge unknown entity destroying new york, and a much better monster

super_8_movie_poster.jpg

i preferred cloverfield. the problem with super 8 is that it starts off really well, a fun spielberg/80s adventure movie homage, but as soon as the monster appears all the tension is sucked from the film. the ending is massively shit. cloverfield has a much more frightening concept, a huge unknown entity destroying new york, and a much better monster

I really liked this but I thought the monster was a bit lame too. If it was a model/animatronic it would have been way better, it was incongruous in the middle of the retro fest.

super_8_movie_poster.jpg

my sentiments exactly sir. the gf was all excited watching it and about 3/4 way through we were both bored and the ending really sealed the shitty deal

Rise-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-Poster.jpg

I really enjoyed this. Could have been longer with more monkey chaos but it was a minor complaint. Also I wouldn't trust my opinion on any simian related films - I'm very biased that way.

Blitz - Meh. Alright I suppose.

I dunno why but I expected a realistic gritty cop drama from this. Once I realised it wasn't I really enjoyed it.

TWB+poster.jpg

The wild bunch. Sam Peckinpah's violent gritty western about a gang of ageing thieves looking to do one last big robbery before hi-tailing to Mexico. But with a gang of mercenary and the us army chasing them, plus getting caught up in battle between Mexican general and native people from the area, it doesn't go according to plan...

TWB+poster.jpg

The wild bunch. Sam Peckinpah's violent gritty western about a gang of aging thieves looking to do one last big robbery before hi-tailing to Mexico. But with a gang of mercinarys and the us army chasing them, plus getting cought up in battle between Mexican general and native people from the area, it doesn't go according to plan...

Beetlejuice - Not nearly as good as I recall from when I was 6. Some of the look of it still holds up, especially the Beetlejuice stairs snake creature, but there's not much of a story to it. Best bit is in the dead waiting room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back