What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

dabangg3.jpg

This has ridiculous action, and singing and dancing for no apparent reason. Highly entertaining.

prime_cut.jpg

Gene Hackman is a meat processer / lady slave trader / various other forms of nefariousness called Mary Ann who owes the mob money. Lee Marvin is going to get it. Good filmatism in this. Lee Marvin and Sissy Spacek get chased very slowly by a combine harvester.

hollow-point-thomas-ian-griffith-vhs-cover-art.jpg

John Lithgow and Donald Sutherland are great, everything else is less so. The protagonists are Tia Carrere and the bad guy from Karate Kid III.

Winters_Bone_1.jpg

This is really good. Thought a couple of the hillbilly types looked familiar from Justified, but none of them were actually in that.

tt1233219.jpg

Michael Shannon does a good intense crazy man role.

that x men thing.

spoiler text follows.....spoiler text follows........spoiler text follows........
Probably shouldnt ruin it for anyone except for the part where they mention slavery followed by a poignant close up of the token black guy before they kill the fuck out of him. the rest of it was sorta shit too. It was sorta what i imagine glee to be like except for young superheroes

Capitalism: A love story.

america and ireland are ver similar

Tried to watch Singham - no English subtitles fail.

Therefore, watched Horrible Bosses instead. Mildly amusing, some good phone-in performances. Nothing special. 5/10.

Then watched The Tree Of Life - fucking great. But then, I was listening to the music the whole time, loads of amazing classical pieces. The film, I really liked it but it was a little all over the place, I kind of agree that it did seem to be trying to put too much into one movie. Then again, I don't really like referring to it as a film as if it should be treated like some blockbuster nonsense - The Tree Of Life is a piece of art, not a film, that's what I'd say. Anyway, 9/10. Point lost for fucking dinosaurs, basically. The rage-induced epithet, not the act, that is.

SuperInframanposter.jpg

Super Inframan. Some ridiculousness in this. Like so:
4549235306_77524a6160_o.jpg

6275b.jpg

Stallone and Billy Dee Williams as cops tracking down terrorist Rutger Hauer.

Fourteen-Amazons-poster_d3d36c243c2cb584ddaa6f6fca66bda0.jpg

All the Yang clan men except one kid played by a woman (the Chinese do this all the time for some reason and it's not terribly convincing) are killed so the ladies are out for justice like Seagal.

Detective_Dee_postor_20100816_sinacomcn.jpg

Any film where Andy Lau fights a talking deer is doing something right.

Harry Potter
I'll need to see this again there is a whole lot I was confused about. I thought it was quite confused and patchy - the penultimate film was far better.
There was a hell of a lot of explaining things that really didn't need explanation, the Elder Wand for example - what was the point of dragging Draco into that subplot if he is only going to skulk away with Ma and Da at the end, without redemption.

I liked where Harry find out that Dumbeldore has been raising him "like a pig for slaughter". I haven't read the books so I didn't see that coming. It was a nice twist, as was Snape's redemption (which was more expected), but why then the shitty heaven scene with Dumbeldore. Why after all that is Harry still alive and what did him dropping the resurrection stone mean. There might be some flaws in my understanding here that another viewing will clear up, but it all seems a bit muddy to me.

The producers have been waiting for 10 years to kill Voldemort and they do it with CG lifted from the first Mummy film?

The Battle of Hogwarts or Helm's Deep Lite as it is more commonly known.

I can't decide whether then epilogue with the return to the lightness an innocence of the first films, Hogwart's Express etc., was a nice closing or a betrayal of the dark and moody atmosphere they have spent 4 films building.

Read the books Mormon. While the films are a nice illustration for fans they have no real reason to exist. A tremendous waste of money by a studio too terrified of offending fans to actually put effort into making good films, i.e. cutting characters out. They're basically pop up versions of the books.

She's a fairly decent writer as well, purely from a technical perspective, even if her characters are totally paper thin. When compared to someone like Stephanie Meyers though, who simply cannot write.....

Kudos for managing all the films though. I'd be clueless without the books.

Harry Potter
I'll need to see this again there is a whole lot I was confused about. I thought it was quite confused and patchy - the penultimate film was far better.
There was a hell of a lot of explaining things that really didn't need explanation, the Elder Wand for example - what was the point of dragging Draco into that subplot if he is only going to skulk away with Ma and Da at the end, without redemption.

I liked where Harry find out that Dumbeldore has been raising him "like a pig for slaughter". I haven't read the books so I didn't see that coming. It was a nice twist, as was Snape's redemption (which was more expected), but why then the shitty heaven scene with Dumbeldore. Why after all that is Harry still alive and what did him dropping the resurrection stone mean. There might be some flaws in my understanding here that another viewing will clear up, but it all seems a bit muddy to me.

The producers have been waiting for 10 years to kill Voldemort and they do it with CG lifted from the first Mummy film?

The Battle of Hogwarts or Helm's Deep Lite as it is more commonly known.

I can't decide whether then epilogue with the return to the lightness an innocence of the first films, Hogwart's Express etc., was a nice closing or a betrayal of the dark and moody atmosphere they have spent 4 films building.

I believe I can answer your questions.
Quite simply put, the overall answer to them all is that "It's because Harry Potter is shit"

LaHerenciaValdemar.jpg

Ok-ish Gothic Spanish Horror. Paul Naschy had a small part and it had Aleister Crowley, Lizzie Borden and Bram Stoker in it too. IMDB said Lovecraft should have made an appearance but he didn't. I'll watch PArt 2 over the next day or2 (that has Howard Philips for sure as well as a cool looking Cthulhu).

barmy adaptation of Brian Aldiss' cracking sci fi novel. takes massive libirties with the book but is an enjoyable, pacy piece of B movie schlock in its own right. lol @ michael hutchence as percy shelley doing jim morrisson poses!
2_midi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back