ATP curated by Godspeed! You Black Emperor - 3rd - 5th of December 2010 (4 Viewers)

new additions: ONEIDA present The Ocropolis
HANGED with Tony Conrad
THEE OH SEES
MATANA ROBERTS
LAND OF KUSH
PHILIP JECK
JOHN BUTCHER

awesome. Oneida are the best band i've seen in a long time- is the Ocropolis that day-long gig they do? think they've done it at a previous ATP. anyways- should be great.

Also interested in seeing what John Butcher will have up his sleeve.

this line-up is turning into one of the best i've seen...

from the ATP site

The Ocropolis is cult New York rock band Oneida's multidisciplinary studio/performance space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Built by Oneida and their friends in 2005, this studio has quickly become a legendary source of recordings by Black Dice, Growing, Sightings, Trans Am, Psychic Ills and of course Oneida - it has also played host to some intimate Oneida performances over the past years. For a special all-day event, Oneida is transporting the impetus, spirit and community of the Ocropolis to Minehead for a full day of improvisation, collaboration, and recording which the festival attendees can witness first hand. Oneida will perform continuously throughout the day, sometimes with guests from the rich array of musicians also performing in the festival, sometimes alone and mostly improvised.

Oneida previously presented the Ocropolis at ATP New York 2009 where they played for around 10 hours and finished with a headline set of their recorded material. Throughout the day they collaborated with artists including members of The Flaming Lips, Akron Family, Boredoms, No Neck Blues Band, Tall Firs, Zach Hill of Hella and many more, and no doubt at Nightmare Before Christmas many other artists on the festival line-up will be featured.

Bristol with Ryanair.

Would recommend getting the 7:50 flight on the Friday and the 15:35 on the Monday. Flights currently quite cheap.

thanks.

not flying from dublin, i'm afraid, so i'll have to figure out some other way to get to bristol.

once i'm there, is it a train? bus?

was last at a.t.p. when it was back in camber sands, so this travel info all new to me...

once i'm there, is it a train? bus?

I think you can get a train to Taunton and then a bus from there however what I've always done is rent a car at the airport to drive to and from Minehead. A small car to take 4 people should be about £100 plus petrol (about a fiver).

Often time someone from here will arrange a minibus.

Where you flying from dude? Ryanair fly from Belfast. Aer lingus/Aer Arann fly from Cork and Shannon

i'll be organising a 14/15 seater from bristol airport straight to atp fri afternoon and back on mon
PM me if yer interested

I think you can get a train to Taunton and then a bus from there however what I've always done is rent a car at the airport to drive to and from Minehead. A small car to take 4 people should be about £100 plus petrol (about a fiver).

Often time someone from here will arrange a minibus.

Where you flying from dude? Ryanair fly from Belfast. Aer lingus/Aer Arann fly from Cork and Shannon

flying from the depths of central europe, so i'll need to do a bit of investigating about my options. once i'm there i'm meeting peeps, so maybe we'll rent a car. hmm. hmmmmmm...

thanks again!

is anyone heading over to this on the 2nd -- the thursday night? if so, where are you staying?

not staying on thursday this year but have done before. stayed in a hostel (http://www.bristolbackpackers.co.uk/). standard fare, cheap, kippy but clean, super central and most appealingly has a beautifully monikered bar around the corner called Tantric Jazz that sells cans of red stripe until 4am.

okay, this might sound complicated
but bus is sorted

as it stand it's €30 euro return, from airport to minehead and back

that will drop by a few quid if more than 22 people get onto me and then I go up a bus size and price goes down?

PM me if yer interested

-
THe bus will leave after the afternoon dublin flight arrives on Friday, so it'll be 90ish mins waiting in airport for Corkonians

the opposite will be in effect on the monday when we arrive in time for cork flight, so the jackeens will have 90 minsish to kill, maybe they can buy the International addition of the Irish Times and slobber over the simplex crossword?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back