Eating Animals (1 Viewer)

Today marks my 7th year. I'm a bit scared that all of the above seem to hit the breaking point at 7, thus far I haven't been even slightly tempted by anything, though I do dream about KFC sometimes.

Apart from tuna from a can I had never had fish before last year. I've now tried cod and another white fish that starts with an H.
I've never eaten any other seafood... so no prawns/shrimp/clams/lobster...
I've never had sausage apart from when I was little and my aunt made some polish stuff when she visited and I remember not liking it.
I've never eaten lamb or veal and never would. I don't eat babies.
I've never eaten mutton nor would I.

Honestly, I think the only thing I would truly miss is turkey on Thanksgiving with cranberry sauce. The rest I could easily live without. I could never be vegan though. Cheese, milk, ice cream.... I could never live without.

Oh my God! Thats a lot of no meat. According to the book, fish actually suffer more agony than any farmed animal -there are no laws regarding their welfare in slaughter. So when people sing "its ok to eat fish, cause they don't have any feelings"... it's misguided.

Cheese, milk, ice cream.... I could never live without.

i thought i'd miss cheese too but i gotta say i really dont.ice cream i get by fine without,if i really want some the vegan stuff can be very tasty but its not often i bother.soy milk is fine apart from the slight curdling in coffee and the ethical questions it raises.
go for it ;)

KFC? you should read this it's practically a documentary about their practices

oryx.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been veggie for 11 years now and have no regrets. Sure, I miss turkey at Christmas and the odd sausage but to me thinking about how it ended up on my plate makes me feel pukey. The first few weeks are the most difficult but it's grand. Plus there is a far greater range of veggie products out there now which is great.

I'm a vegan for 6.5 years and feel great (miss the Guinness though). I feel better in every way, better than erhically/morally inept cannibals

I'm a vegan for 6.5 years and feel great (miss the Guinness though). I feel better in every way, better than erhically/morally inept cannibals

I'm glad you're feeling better.

20 years for me. Angsty teenager initially. But now I wouldn't even entertain thoughts of eating meat, fish, etc.

Yeah pretty much the same for me - haven#t eaten any meat except for the odd mislabeled veggie spring roll..

Don't miss it at all.. It so much different now with all the veggie products available...

As Moose said, farming methods are very different here than in the US. And the divide is growing, if anything, with more of the smaller farms turning to organic and free range farming and going for quality over quantity. Something that needs to be supported if we want to be able to enjoy good quality, home produced, food.

I was vegetarian for about 3 years, as an experiment to see if it made a difference to my health and well being. I had been advised that it might 'cure' my psoriasis. It didn't. I made sure I ate a balanced diet, or as balanced as possible and I had the advantage of having access to organic seasonal fruit and veg straight from the ground/tree. After a while I noticed that I bruised much more easily than I used to, cuts took longer to heal and I didn't look healthy, and my energy levels weren't great either. I don't think it is for everybody.

Cheap poultry and meat is cheap for a reason. As wobbler has often said on here, eat less and spend a little more on it, both money and thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back