50 things to eat before you die (1 Viewer)

ms.b.haven

(Retired)
BBC's 50 things to eat before you die. The bold ones are that I've not yet eaten. What's your score? Anyone here ever had guinea pig? That's the one thing on the list that I haven't and won't eat.

1. Fresh fish 2. Lobster 3. Steak 4. Thai food 5. Chinese food 6. Ice cream 7. Pizza 8. Crab 9. Curry 10. Prawns 11. Moreton Bay Bugs 12. Clam chowder 13. Barbecues 14. Pancakes 15. Pasta 16. Mussels 17. Cheesecake 18. Lamb 19. Cream tea 20. Alligator 21. Oysters 22. Kangaroo 23. Chocolate 24. Sandwiches 25. Greek food 26. Burgers 27. Mexican food 28. Squid 29. American diner breakfast 30. Salmon 31. Venison 32. Guinea pig 33. Shark 34. Sushi 35. Paella 36. Barramundi 37. Reindeer 38. Kebab 39. Scallops 40. Australian meat pie 41. Mango 42. Durian fruit 43. Octopus 44. Ribs 45. Roast beef 46. Tapas 47. Jerk chicken/pork 48. Haggis

What I ain't ate

(I'm surprised at how little of the seafood I've tried. If I'd grown up so close to the sea in any other European country it'd probably be considered a crime).
Moreton Bay Bugs

Clam chowder
Mussels
Cream tea (What is this, like sponge cake and scones à la The Shelboune Hotel?)
Alligator

Oysters
Kangaroo

American diner breakfast
Guinea pig
Shark

Barramundi
Reindeer
Scallops
Australian meat pie
Durian fruit
Octopus
Haggis (though there's haggis in the fridge at the moment. I'm not touching it.)

What I ate.

Fresh fish
Lobster
Steak
Thai food
Chinese food
Ice cream
Pizza
Crab
Curry
Prawns
Barbecues
Pancakes
Pasta
Cheesecake
Lamb
Chocolate
Sandwiches (this one I'm so proud of..)
Greek food
Burgers
Mexican food
Squid
Salmon
Venison
Sushi
Paella
Kebab
Mango
Ribs
Roast beef
Tapas
Jerk chicken/pork

Greek Food in general
Original Hula Hoops
BBQ Beef Hula Hoops
Burritos
3in1s from the chinese
Starburst Joosters
eh, Salt & Vinegar Hula Hoops

venison is deer right? so what's the difference between that and reindeer, does reindeer come with a side of santa

the falafel from the stall across the road from tacheles bar in berlin.

cream cracker sangwidges with cheese and mayo

the fairtrade banana i'm eating right now - it's only umptious

i'm eating sunflower seeds, i eaten so many now that the back of my throat stings when i breath through my nose...ever get this?

quick pet peeve...people who call out a cred card number in sets of 3 digits instead of 4....sorry had to get that out of my (FUCKING!!!!) system. go ahead

Octopus is fuckin lovely. The gourmet shop in Rathgar used to have jars of octopus tentcles, but not anymore. I think I was the only one buying them.

ms.b.haven said:
Anyone here ever had guinea pig?
guinea pig is some kind of peruvian national dish, according to a friend I know who's over there and has tried it. she says it's nice.. it's a bonanza type situation if you get a pregnant one, the little guinea pig foetuses are regarded as a tasty bonus treat :)

you'd have to put one of these to my eyeball for me to try it though..

gpmg-m60-fixed.jpg

eaten:
Fresh fish | Steak | Thai food | Chinese food | Ice cream | Pizza | Curry | Prawns | Barbecues | Pancakes | Pasta | Mussels | Cheesecake | Lamb | Chocolate | Sandwiches | Greek food | Burgers | Mexican food | American diner breakfast |Salmon | Sushi | Kebab | Scallops | Mango | Ribs | Roast beef | Tapas | Jerk chicken/pork

not eaten:
Lobster | Crab | Moreton Bay Bugs | Clam chowder | Cream tea | Alligator | Oysters | Kangaroo | Squid | Venison | Guinea pig | Shark | Paella | Barramundi | Reindeer | Australian meat pie |Durian fruit | Octopus | Haggis (and I will NEVER eat haggis)

I petted and had a little play fist fight with a little teenage kangaroo in fota last week. couldn't imagine eating one after that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back