The Beatles Remasters (1 Viewer)

have they ever done a stereo remix of that stuff thats done with a modern aapporach to stereo??

yup, on the love album. and they sound incredible. especially the songs that haven't been messed with too much and are just straight-ish stereo remixes, like a day in the life, and eleanor rigby, utterly stunning. the remasters sound tremendous but the love songs give a glimpse into how incredible proper remixes could be.

i'd been hoping the remasters would include proper stereo remixes, but i reckon they'll probably hold off on those for another 5 years or so.

Not in the conventional sense I'd agree but it makes for an interesting listening experience on headphones.

I think the fact that most music is now listened to on headphones because of iPods and so on will change the way music is mixed in future (if it hasn't happened already), especially the use of panning. Hard panning can be a good way of bringing out a detail but it can make the song lob-sided on headphones.

If only it were possible.

...but unfortunately they're foisted on us regardless.

seriously, complaining about the beatles? what are we, 15?

Are we gonna say we think religion is a bit shit as well now?

Here is the White Album re-issue out yet? And is it still selling at a ridiculous price (€50 last time I saw it! WTF!!!)

seriously, complaining about the beatles? what are we, 15?

Are we gonna say we think religion is a bit sh*t as well now?

I must admit, I don't really get the beatles apart from a few songs. I forced myself to listen to Rubber Soul the whole way through recently and while it has some good moments, it's ruined (imho) by some very poor lyrics and melodies. Norwegian Wood is a good example, I think, as combination of the lyrics and the melody is trite ("Isn't it good/Norwegian wood").

While the beatles were very innovative in terms of production and formats etc, many of their songs are very much of their time.

I think religion is a valuable contributor to the development of art and also torture techniques. :)

I think the lyrics and melody to Norwegian Wood are absolutely perfect.

I am scared by all these versions. I will get one of these newfangled releases once I get my head around it. Is there more than one new version available now, actually?

I think the lyrics and melody to Norwegian Wood are absolutely perfect.

I know it's a matter of taste, but don't you think that it's one of the most banal rhyming couplets ever? The melody to me is annoying - it's 'nice' to a cloying extent - considering how celebrated a song it has very little nothing exhillarating or interesting. The story in the song is probably the most interesting thing about it I think.

I know it's a matter of taste, but don't you think that it's one of the most banal rhyming couplets ever? The melody to me is annoying - it's 'nice' to a cloying extent - considering how celebrated a song it has very little nothing exhillarating or interesting. The story in the song is probably the most interesting thing about it I think.

I don't really have a problem with simple rhymes. In fact, I think that particular couplet would be far less memorable if it didn't rhyme. The song is uncorrupted, melodically, by the lyrics. They serve the melody beautifully, I reckon.
Useless to argue about it, of course.

the CDs on sale today are the 1987 ones.

worldwide release date for the remasters is next Wednesday - 09/09/09

1) Individual stereo versions of
- Please Please Me
- With The Beatles
- A Hard Day's Night
- Beatles For Sale
- Help! (1987 George Martin remix)
- Rubber Soul (1987 George Martin remix)
- Revolver
- Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- The Beatles
- Yellow Submarine
- Abbey Road
- Let it Be
- Past Masters

2) A box set containing all the above - the Stereo Box

3) A Mono Box containing
- Please Please Me
- With The Beatles
- A Hard Day's Night
- Beatles For Sale
- Help! (also includes original 1965 stereo mix)
- Rubber Soul (also includes original 1965 stereo mix)
- Revolver
- Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- The Beatles
- Mono Masters

Mono titles not available separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back