The Beatles Remasters (1 Viewer)

paperback writer is all one chord though isn't it? not many pop songs can say that

anyway, I like the way beatles songs are famous all over the place, doesn't matter if it was a single or not. and Taxman is great.

if I was listening to the mono sgt peppers 09 remaster I imagine I'd be thinking how amazing it sounds, how the mono mix is perfect for the material, the extra echo and ADT give it much more ambience and trippiness, the centred bass and drum provide much more thump and generally it's much richer and focused... you can really see how this album would've been a revelation in '67... and I never liked this album that much!

if I was listening to the mono sgt peppers 09 remaster I imagine I'd be thinking how amazing it sounds, how the mono mix is perfect for the material, the extra echo and ADT give it much more ambience and trippiness, the centred bass and drum provide much more thump and generally it's much richer and focused... you can really see how this album would've been a revelation in '67... and I never liked this album that much!

I'd definitely say you'd be thinking that, spot on.

I'm giddy now about this. Have my old man's original mono albums and they still sound great, but these should be amazing.

Em, found the Peppers. Maybe it's cos it's ripped @ 192, but it sounds harsh. Bit disappointed so far.

I'm giddy now about this. Have my old man's original mono albums and they still sound great, but these should be amazing.

Why bother with the remasters? If you have the mono vinyl then you have it as nature intended....you lucky duck

Why bother with the remasters? If you have the mono vinyl then you have it as nature intended....you lucky duck

I know, but I can't play them too often. Plenty of scratches already. Would love to hear the new cds but just can't afford that box at the mo.

Edit; just listened to "Tomorrow Never Knows" there and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Bass is pulsing away perfectly.

Em, found the Peppers. Maybe it's cos it's ripped @ 192, but it sounds harsh. Bit disappointed so far.

it was a harsh album anyway, that was my issue with the stereo mix was the choppy clipped guitars weren't balanced by the bass also turn off any EQ or "itunes sound enhancer" shit... yo!

Please, Please Me is a total banger! Some good garage rock moments, who knew!

with surface noise, scratches, dodgy turn tables, dirty cartridges, etc, etc... I think this batch of mono remaster is the closet your going to get to what George and the band signed off on the day they finished.

The depth of echo's and reverbs and warm extended low end is a the pay off for me. Digital doesn't captures the trail off of sounds very well, specially at lot bit rates (like in 1987 transfers), I think some clever EQing in the low mids too, got rid of the muffled boom that used to be the bass and kick drum and gave them a lot more stenght... over all I think the high end isn't too hyped, and if its (Getting Better, Bird Can Sing) it's the way it was tracked on the day

fun listening to stuff in mono too, not better or worse, but interesting. Good lesson in mixing by freq rather then spreading out stuff left and right

whadeva... sgt peppers is way overrated.
the white album, nows theres a record!

Their Satanic... is just not that good.
White album: could have made one decent album out of two mediocre discs.
The Stones were an amazing singles band (Sympathy, Gimme Shelter, etc.) but I can only really enjoy Exile... without finding myself getting annoyed by the filler you find on most of their albums.

Their Satanic... is just not that good.
White album: could have made one decent album out of two mediocre discs.
The Stones were an amazing singles band (Sympathy, Gimme Shelter, etc.) but I can only really enjoy Exile... without finding myself getting annoyed by the filler you find on most of their albums.
i concur.
alot

White Album is their best album, followed by Revolver/Abbey Road.

That is all.

What is the point of buying the box set over the individual albums? Is it cheaper? Do you get stuff in the box that you don't get by buying the albums separately?

My brother is trying to decide whether the box set is worth it versus getting them all over the course of a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back