Meeting People (5 Viewers)

Sorry to be off loading all this on you all, but I think I've just opened the flood gates, it all started with a walk in the cold air. Freezing breath on a window plane, lying and waiting. A man in the dark in a picture frame, so mystic and soulful... a voice reaching out in a piercing cry. I tell you it stays with you until the feeling has gone. Only you and I, it means nothing to me. This means nothing to me, oh, Vienna

Though I did just meet someone really special recently, I think the trick is to be totally upfront from the off... so on the very first date I said "Look, if you want my future, just forget my past. If you would like to get with, well... you me better make it fast. Now, please, don't go wasting my precious time, just get your act together we could be just fine" and she said "I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want" a little ataken back by her brashness I replied "So, tell me what you want, what you really really want," and she leaned across the table and whispered "I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha."

I think she's mentally ill

Sorry to be off loading all this on you all, but I think I've just opened the flood gates, it all started with a walk in the cold air. Freezing breath on a window plane, lying and waiting. A man in the dark in a picture frame, so mystic and soulful... a voice reaching out in a piercing cry. I tell you it stays with you until the feeling has gone. Only you and I, it means nothing to me. This means nothing to me, oh, Vienna

Your posts really remind me of that comedy sketch show that used to be on RTE 2 called Stew, Pantone.

It was really really shit. :)

Frankly, I'd find this all more convincing if you had a moustache.

Actually all joking aside I did meet, last week, a lady who knows all that glitters is gold and she was in the middle of purchasing some sort of means of escaltion to the afterlife, but when she got there it turned out there was no one there, they'd shut up, but she reckoned, by just speaking up a bit, she could get what she came for, so I said.... zzzz zzzz zzzz zzz zzzz zzzz....

Anyone that complains in this thread, try to remember...
Once you've been hooked up, you can't meet other people none more.
Enjoy.

I'm not complaining. I'm just admitting my laziness. If I was actually bothered, I'd do something about it. Like dinner. I'm hungry but that means getting off the couch and cooking something. I can't be bothered. If I get hungry enough, I'll move the 2 feet it takes to get to my 'kitchen'.

My last girlfriend was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. When I met her. I picked her out, I shook her up and I turned her around, turned her into someone new. Now five years later on she's got the world at her feet, success has been so easy for her. But don't forget it's me who put her where she is now and I can put her back down too

Don't, don't you love her?

I'm not complaining. I'm just admitting my laziness. If I was actually bothered, I'd do something about it. Like dinner. I'm hungry but that means getting off the couch and cooking something. I can't be bothered. If I get hungry enough, I'll move the 2 feet it takes to get to my 'kitchen'.
Are you talking about me or you?

I've only ever had 2 girlfriends. The first one asked me out while I was working Quinnsworth in Wexford - that lasted for a few months. The second I met in college and had to pursue for a year to get her to go out with me - that's lasted 18 years and counting.

So my advice is - go to college, and the guy should ask the girl out (repeatedly)

When does "no" mean "no" though? If you get two or three "I have a college reunion that night" or "I have pilates" type excuses, should you call it a day?

In fairness, you don't want to be a pest!

One of my mates asked out a girl that he had been getting on really well with (workmate). He was told in no uncertain terms "I would NEVER go out with you"!

He was taken aback but laughed and said "Fair enough!" Sometimes honesty is the best policy..

When does "no" mean "no" though? If you get two or three "I have a college reunion that night" or "I have pilates" type excuses, should you call it a day?

In fairness, you don't want to be a pest!

you"!
If she's flirty with you but saying this then she might genuinely be busy so give it a little while and ask again, if she thinks you're a pest surely she'd say something about liking you but not in that way or not wanting to ruin a friendship.

I'm hopeless at telling if a guy likes me, having hornbags as friends has left me with the impression that most guys would fuck any woman they can, so how are you supposed to know if someone is talking to you puerly cos they want to get laid or besause they like you (and want to get laid)?

Anyone that complains in this thread, try to remember...
Once you've been hooked up, you can't meet other people none more.
Enjoy.

I wasn't meaning to complain. I was more curious than anything. It's very interesting to see how many people have tried dating websites.

And, you don't even have to be hooked up to feel restricted. I've had a few male friends who've been very isolating to hang around with because everyone seems to assume coupledom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back