Meeting People (4 Viewers)

if anyone tried to chat me up at a gig they'd get a stern shushing

Me too... well, if the band was playing at the time. ;) In fairness, I see the same faces at almost every gig I go to. I have a good memory for faces. I just end up smiling to anyone who actually gives eye contact because I figure it's one of you guys and I just don't know it. Male or female.

i talk to new people at gigs at least twice a week.
but that's usually because i have to.

one time i was working at a gig and i saw this guy glancing over at me. he happened to be tres cute so i smiled back at him. as it turned out, i was mistaken. it was an unyielding stare. but the dude never talked to me the whole night, just stared at me. then i thought he was less cute and more... creepy. staring is scaring.

if everyone was a bit more confident in themselves i'd say people would be chatting away and chatting up at gigs all the time.

but instead, parties seem to be where the action is.

Weirdo freak

I accidentally and randomly met a really cool girl just walking by on the street recently.

I was staying at my mates place and
we were having a wee shindig until I realised I was really really hungry,
so I legged it into town to see what culinary delight I could avail of.

Suddenly I bumped into a cute girl, who asked me for a light, and then invited me for a smoke.
After talking and a bit of flirting I figured she was sound so I brought her back with me.
And incidentally we got on really really well, and in more than just a friendly way.
which was cool seeming as I never get on with/don't really care for 90% of d'gir-uls I come into contact with
(i've got socially retarded obscure 90's indie rocker tattooed all over my face,
generally doesn't go down the greatest with all tha laaydeez down here,
i come from small town fuckin' kerry, like)

So it's been ages since i've met some one I actually properly liked, rather then just wanting to reap the rewards with some random one.

We've been in contact a lot since so we'll hopefully meet up again when the time suits.

I'm just glad that I was really fuckin hungry that night..|..|

Was lucky enough to be introduced to my girlfriend through friends at a small gig, instant clickage. the one before that I worked with. before that was a girl I met on holidays.

that is all.

I've only ever had 2 girlfriends. The first one asked me out while I was working Quinnsworth in Wexford - that lasted for a few months. The second I met in college and had to pursue for a year to get her to go out with me - that's lasted 18 years and counting.

So my advice is - go to college, and the guy should ask the girl out (repeatedly)

yup, met herself at the Pixies in the National Stadium, what, 18 years ago?
Before that, dated my bosses sister. That only lasted a few months. Before that, it was just friends with benefits and random rides.
Suppose I missed the whole dating thing.

I've only ever had 2 girlfriends. The first one asked me out while I was working Quinnsworth in Wexford - that lasted for a few months. The second I met in college and had to pursue for a year to get her to go out with me - that's lasted 18 years and counting.

So my advice is - go to college, and the guy should ask the girl out (repeatedly)

how does one chase someone for a year without it being stalking, or having them call the cops on you. I've heard of this happening before. Personally, if someone's not interested I'll just move onto someone else (one of their friends maybe).

agreed!

how does one chase someone for a year without it being stalking, or having them call the cops on you. I've heard of this happening before. Personally, if someone's not interested I'll just move onto someone else (one of their friends maybe).

Me and my other half chased each other for 4 years, neither of us realising what the other was doing. We are both thick, hence we ended up together eventually.

and had to pursue for a year to get her to go out with me

Hang on...this stuff only happens in the movies where perseverance is seen as some kind of virtue and the girl eventually gives in. In real life that kind of behaviour leads at best to a long sequence of disappointment and heartache.

yes. i am equally confused about this. how the hell do you stalk someone for a year and not make it seem like stalking?

"stalkers my whole style, and if i get caught i'll deny, deny, deny"

My last girlfriend was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. When I met her. I picked her out, I shook her up and I turned her around, turned her into someone new. Now five years later on she's got the world at her feet, success has been so easy for her. But don't forget it's me who put her where she is now and I can put her back down too

About meeting people at gigs...i've gone to a good few gigs before on my own and simply struck up a convsersation with "ere sorry mate, do ya know what the name of this support band is?" "yeah theyre really cool blah blah blah"
Or like...if some ones wearing a really cool band tee "ahh..you like so and so, blah blah, favourite band, blah blah preferred their earliar stuff"
Plenty of people have come up and done the same to me and asked similiar things...it can be the pathway to a cool conversation with a random stranger
if ya want it to be...

I've met plenty of cool dudes/duddettes this way, it's nearly always natural and completly unforced conversation...

I don't really get the complaints about meeting people at gigs. Compared to most shihhy nightclubs, it's a haven for sociability.

My last girlfriend was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. When I met her. I picked her out, I shook her up and I turned her around, turned her into someone new. Now five years later on she's got the world at her feet, success has been so easy for her. But don't forget it's me who put her where she is now and I can put her back down too

borat_855_18535194_0_0_12672_300.jpg

I met my first girlfriend when I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, That much is true. But even then I knew I'd find a much better place, either with or without her. The five years we had were such good times and I still love her. But now, I thought, it's time I lived my life on my own, I guess it's just what I must do

one of the tags reminded me of how a friend of mine, at the age of 15, approached a fella with the immortal line "are we jagging or wha?".

she's now 24 and they live together and have an 8 year old kid, so I spose the jagging did transpire.

Of course the big love of my life I met standing at the door of the pink flamingo, Crying in the rain. It was a kind of so so love, and I'm gonna make sure it doesnt happen again. She and I had to be the standing joke of the year. She was a run around, a lost and found. and not for me I feel. I said "Take your hands off me, please" I didn't belong to her, you see. "Take a look in my face, for the last time". I never knew her, she never knew me. I said hello and waved goodbye...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back