Tv Licence (1 Viewer)

cozy

Basically been asked to renew ours, got to written warnings and the second had final warning written on it. Anyone here ever been prosecuted? Any idea how many warnings you get or whether you get a visit before crap starts to happen? the fine is 634 quid if they act on it. Ich dont think so. I hope

im trying to remember if we paid ours before i get too high and mighty here.
I paid it at least once.

here, is there nothing that you can do to stagger it out over the year? I seem to remember doing that at one point when i was really skint. With the post office or something. Gets them off your back anyway.

I blame my old man for giving the missus and I a TV when we blatantly couldnt afford it.

im trying to remember if we paid ours before i get too high and mighty here.
I paid it at least once.

here, is there nothing that you can do to stagger it out over the year?

Possibly,ill go down to the office tomorrow and ask. Nice one

you can buy stamps for it in the post office, that way it's a pay by the week thing.
a woman I know got 2 weeks in prison because of it, judge wanted to set an example, that said, I think I've only paid once in three years. another neighbour went to court over it too, she hadn't had one in about 5yrs and got a 200euro fine, a lot less the the licences would have cost.

i believe so, yes.

"Every household, business or institution in Ireland with a television or equipment capable of receiving a television signal (using an aerial, satellite dish, cable or other means) must have a television licence."

this now includes computers with internet capability and 3g phones

doesn't it technically cover radios as well. Never have paid for a licence in nine years of renting a variety of properties. I tend to never answer the door if the bell goes and tell my friends/callers to phone when they are stalling over, we get a million people/charities and so on calling to the door looking for cash so I generally don't answer it or look out the window first.

The two times over the years that I have been snared by answering the door to tv licence lads it has been around 7pm-8pm on a friday, think they realise outisde office hours is a good time to catch people off gaurd, pricks.

Anyway I just give them a fake name, say I don't live there, close the door in their faces and so on, the one thing to look out for is if they come to your door, say they are from the post office and ask if they can step inside for a second (this is before syaing shit about tv licence) don't fall for it and don't let them in.

p.s. if they can see your tv through any of your windows your fucked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back