Tv Licence (3 Viewers)

Anyone have any figures for how much it costs to operate the license system? Having people running around banging on doors and sending out letters willy nilly strikes me as quite inefficient.

Anyone have any figures for how much it costs to operate the license system? Having people running around banging on doors and sending out letters willy nilly strikes me as quite inefficient.

they only actually employ one guy

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-The-Terminator_thumb.jpg

ive texted all my mates that if they're gonna call up to the apartment they've to buzz 3 times, my question is do tv licence inspectors buzz 3 times?

Howayez

Just a looking for a bit of a heads up regarding a tv license issue. We've avoided paying it for 3 years but the game may be up now. We had numerous warning letters and then got a court summons. We ignored this too and now a court fine for 600 odd quid has arrived. All these letters were addressed to someone else who must have lived here previously. We are moving out in a few weeks time. What will happen if the next punters who move in go to pay the license? Will An Post be happy enough to accept that or will both they and/or the courts contact the landlord to find out who has been avoiding paying for the last few years and insist on him giving over those details?

As far as I can remember they told us that the licence was for the property not the individual. If you move out without paying the fine I reckon they'll probably go to the Landlord but I don't know if he/she is legally obliged to give an post your details. In theory he could tell them go fuck themselves do their own fucking job and there'd be fuck all they could do.

I wouldn't count on this though I'm not a lawyer.

I came home to the apartment I used to live in and saw a guy struggling with the sliding door and the buzzer so I helped him out and let him in. When I got up to my apartment he buzzed me and slapped me with a warning to get the licence. Prick. I may have told that story in this thread already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back