DVD bargains (1 Viewer)

no season 3?

edit: was in zavvi in liffey valley yesterday, the sale is pretty good but their not accepting vouchers of any kind.

There was a 3rd season?

Anyone bought of the HMV website?
The delivery is only £2.50 on a DVD box set.

Was looking at getting Series 1-5 of Peep Show for about €22, delivered.

Anyone bought of the HMV website?
The delivery is only £2.50 on a DVD box set.

Was looking at getting Series 1-5 of Peep Show for about €22, delivered.

Pretty sure that set is in Zavvi for €20 or so.

I have ordered from HMV a few times for DVDs. No problems. Items take around 5 - 7 days once posted. Their prices are good.

I've bought from hmv.com and ditto, no problems. Cheaper than the hmv shops in Ireland, I think and better selection. They charge delivery per item though, so that's a bit of a drag. £5 per item I think. Ideally, if you could get your credit card registered at an address in the north or knew someone in the north who could order the stuff for you, it would be ideal. You'd get the cheaper VAT and there mightn't be any delivery charge either coz the north is still in the UK, last I heard.

I just got the Godfather trilogy for 19.99 in HMV

That's a really good deal and well worth it, but on the uk site, it's £12.99. http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=796636 With the fiver deliver charge it's £18. I.e. €18. I know it's not much of a difference, but if you were in the uk, it's therefore only €13 in the shop. It's really shit how much extra we have to pay in the Irish shops. Sorry, rant over. Couldn't get much better movies though.

I'm fairly sure I paid £2.50 delivery from HMV for the Howards Way box sets.

My bad, I checked and you're right. One other thing, my credit card company seem to do exchange rates from 2 months ago. So unless you're getting more or less parity, you might get caught out with that. I presume the same applies when the currencies are going the other way.

ordered the sopranos complete box set for £89 plus 2.50 delivery from hmv, very pleased.

also picked up 3 seasons of the wire for £25 each in hmv belfast the other day. magic

who are you with? I usually get the rate of the day when transactions are processed. Always purchase in a foreign currency if possible.
Sites that offer conversion to euro [Play / Amazon.com] are not favourable. Problem with Play is they force you to buy in euro.

Bank of Ireland? Maybe I'm doing them a disservice. Here's the transactions..

02 DEC 2008 HMV GUERNSEY LTD GUERNSEY €32.96

27.49GBP RATE 0.8340*

11 DEC 2008 HMV GUERNSEY LTD GUERNSEY €29.53

25.49GBP RATE 0.8632**

*xe.com gives a rate of 0.8513135491 for that day so not too bad..

**xe.com gives a rate of 0.8885394556 for this day.

So again, I'm more or less talking shite. Ok, I'm going to bed now. Good night.

paul what are the roald dahl tales of the unexpected dvds like?
saw a load of them in tower the other day, vaguely remember them from my yutt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back