US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

So what would you give The Hu out of 10 for

1) Ballage (metaphorical) 11/10, he just doesn't give a fuck.
2) Maintaining a harmonious society 7/10, he may steamroll over most things but farmer riots, TIbet protests & that pesky Western media have gotten out.
3) Relative anonymity to outraged Western youths compared to Bush 9/10. To those youths, he's only another one of "them Chinese lads".

Gambra said:
1) Ballage (metaphorical) 11/10, he just doesn't give a fuck.
2) Maintaining a harmonious society 7/10, he may steamroll over most things but farmer riots, TIbet protests & that pesky Western media have gotten out.
3) Relative anonymity to outraged Western youths compared to Bush 9/10. To those youths, he's only another one of "them Chinese lads".
You're going to graduate with full honours, my friend.

seriously though, is he really that unknown by people?

See, this is exactly the point.
People. People in China. People in the west. People in Africa. People in India. They all have hugely different world outlooks.
That's one thing that I have learned here, for sure, you cannot over state how different people's realities are coming from different places.

Just to give you an example, a few months back I was talking to a Chinese PhD student working on our floor. She had been in the US for 4 years. So, she is a smart enough person.
She had never heard of Osama bin Laden, or Saddam Hussien, and had no idea that the US was at war with either Iraq or Afganistan.
Not an inkling.
I thought it was my pronounciation. Nope. Never heard of them.

So I turned the conversation to China and, as a Chinese person, her reality of what China was, and what it did was literally jaw dropping to me.

Westerners pretty much all know who Bush is. And McCain, and Obama. Fewer, waaay fewer would know who Hu is.

But, there are just vast swathes of people whose realities are so far away from mine I cannot even guess at what or who they recognise.

I'm sorry flashback, but I can't seem to find the bit in your post where we discuss what
government, values and beliefs are best for different people in different countries.
That's what this thread is about, right?

See, this is exactly the point.
People. People in China. People in the west. People in Africa. People in India. They all have hugely different world outlooks.

this is true for everybody though. epistemological domains and all that jazz.

this is true for everybody though. epistemological domains and all that jazz.

Ah yeah. I mean, like abstractly I know that, we all know that kind of thing, its just breath taking when you see it sometimes though.

I'm sorry flashback, but I can't seem to find the bit in your post where we discuss what
government, values and beliefs are best for different people in different countries.
That's what this thread is about, right?

Sorry about that. TROTSKY FOR TAOISEACH OR DEATH.

fuck what yo mamma say, imma vote obama way!
clean version
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbjBHkKiS4c&feature=related"]YouTube - Vote Obama by TISA[/ame]

494x_electionhq.jpg

you've just gotta love fox news, no need for all that highbrow crap!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back