Water Charges (1 Viewer)

If done right.... this being Ireland I wouldn't hold out much hope.

As said before, its not water charges as such that are the problem, rather its how the idea is sold to us-conservation,and the timing of it-after six years of cuts and tax increases.
A much fairer way of doing it would be to introduce a flat charge that gives a generous allowance per person (to be cut back over say, ten years, to encourage conservation), and, if anyone exceeds their limit, then kick in with the excess charges.

Yes, they're making a virtue of being a cunt.

BBC News - UEA students urged to urinate in shower

The Go with the Flow campaign is the brainchild of students Debs Torr and Chris Dobson, from the University of East Anglia (UEA) in Norwich.

They want the university's 15,000 students to take their first wee of the day while having their morning shower.

Mr Dobson, 20, said the idea could "save enough water to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool 26 times".

A woman on complaining in an exasperated tone about the protesters, as they are making her late on the school run. "It's a nightmare"

That right there is why nothing will ever change. That is the silent majority that vote for FF and FG.

94PvO.gif

That right there is why nothing will ever change. That is the silent majority that vote for FF and FG.

I don't think they will change either. I think the 3-4% that actually decide elections are changeable/open to things, and then the silent FG/FF either have to come into line or become marginalized.

All this "if you don't like it , vote in the next election"...so , passively allow something to be put into place at massive cost and effort with the hope that it can all be undone at some point in the future...at further massive cost and effort

Tear up the tracks, put them back, tear up the tracks, put them back

If the Joe Duffy show is any yardstick we are a craven , miserable self centered lot

All this "if you don't like it , vote in the next election"...so , passively allow something to be put into place at massive cost and effort with the hope that it can all be undone at some point in the future

The point is we passively allow them in at every election, and its easiest thing to change.

Alternately don't vote in the next election, let something else you hate happen, give out for a few years, then don't vote again, just to be sure the same hacks are running the country indefinitely. fantasize about revolution, protest, share rabble articles and joe duffy tweets and opinion pieces that back up your side, but whatever you do, election after election, don't actually use the legal non violent mechanism that undermines the two party system that depends on people not voting.

They always win on a basis of 1-2% of the population, that is a fact.

Also they amount of non-voters is more than the amount of voters (bet the marriage eq referendum will be different though).

I wasn't suggesting not voting..if that's what you are driving at. I mean that we have the right to protest and push for change , take direct action, strike, withdraw services, refuse to pay etc etc between general elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back