Water Charges (8 Viewers)

O'Brien's Siteserv bid 'questionable' - Wallace - RTÉ News

I'm not a fan of the man but fair fucks to Mick Wallace, questions like this should be raised more. D'oB effectively owns the Irish media so don't expect to see them raised there.
As an aside, INM also got a debt writedown via a consortium of banks, two of which are owned by the taxpayer, Denis wins, the taxpayer loses.
One final piece of useless info, the Garda (amongst other state bodies) get all their fuel from Topaz, which is of course owned by one D'oB, a very lucky man.

And still he gets elected.

Because he looks after his own and those pricks in Dublin don't know what it's like down the country and ignore country peoples issues so fuck them and he's a local guy and he's local and I knew his father and he went to that funeral and and and and
x120-odd
= Dail Eireann

Last edited:
before the scottish referendum some lad we were talking to in the pub was on a pro-indy rant and stated that scotland needed politicians like 'that jack healy in ireland, what's his name, aye, jackie healy rae'

by the time we got over the shock he'd moved on to other topics so we never got the chance to ask what the fuck he thought he was on about

Who are worse racists? Boggers or Dubs.

I'm basing all that on a constituency meeting they had for Lowry, where it almost got violent with journos just asking legitimate questions about the Moriarty tribunal.
The message essentially was "Fuck off, you don't know how it is here and he's our guy no matter what"
Which was a hell of a message considering the guy is a rampant thieving fuck.

Shit, I never answered your question.

I have no idea. I kind of glide by on white privilege.

On one hand I have far more anecdotal experience of people saying things in the country that you wouldn't think people would feel comfortable saying in public. On the other, Dublin has more taxi drivers.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well are people on the whole really that dissatisfied with how things operate? I know I'm not and the majority will bitch and moan but that doesn't mean this isn't the preferred option for a lot of the country. It seems to me that most want less taxes, less intervention and by inference really do want the inferior publics services that we get. The people don't trust politicians and politicians don't trust the people and as a result they have as little to do with each other as possible. That's not really conducive to things getting any better and maybe folk are happy enough with that.

Well are people on the whole really that dissatisfied with how things operate? I know I'm not and the majority will bitch and moan but that doesn't mean this isn't the preferred option for a lot of the country. It seems to me that most want less taxes, less intervention and by inference really do want the inferior publics services that we get. The people don't trust politicians and politicians don't trust the people and as a result they have as little to do with each other as possible. That's not really conducive to things getting any better and maybe folk are happy enough with that.

That's a pretty sad model for a society though

Great turnout at the March today. fuck all Gardai to be seen yet Txfm radio spoke of a "heavy Garda presence". Maybe they meant the Gardai were at the football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back