The Exploited (4 Viewers)

Like I said, that was 2 minutes of googling. I don't vouch for any of the information.

I couldn't give a shit to be honest, their music is a crime against humanity in itself. It's music you were into when you still used a pillow to wank.

jaysus steady on there man. All you had to say was you didn't like them, which is fair enough.

Wattie and The Exploited are nothing more than honest working class lads that don't give a shit about what anyone thinks of them, and like to have a bit of a laugh.

Whereas the average politically correct individuals out there seem to be obsessed with nothing more than nazi's and the male arse hole
.|..|

Wattie and The Exploited are nothing more than honest working class lads that don't give a shit about what anyone thinks of them, and like to have a bit of a laugh.

Whereas the average politically correct individuals out there seem to be obsessed with nothing more than nazi's and the male arse hole
.|..|.|..|

I reckon the Exploited have more than a couple of bad ass tunes amongst their more metal bent parts.Am I a nazi for saying bent?I think not. I'm just a victim of society.A society adopts whatever it wants into the culture.And vice versa.Dose'nt matter what way you look at it,irish nazi's are paying our wages.And I'm not gonna stop going to that gig.

Though to be fair, the first page of that thread does come up with some of the things already discussed here.

Well, after all this discussion, i think it's safe to say that still is not clear if Wattie is a nazi or not. But one thing is for sure, he is definitively politically ambiguous.

Well, after all this discussion, i think it's safe to say that still is not clear if Wattie is a nazi or not. But one thing is for sure, he is definitively politically ambiguous.

Agreed.

Putting the politics aside, can't wait for the their gig in June, it should be savage.

so anyone know for 100% was wattie a squadie up north?
and what did he say actually say about bobby sands?

i'd say this gig will be shite .over rated mongo punk.
class when your a kid but jesus come on people.

Reply #12

"I've heard these rumors a lot as well. A lot of people in the NYC punk scene used to absolutely *worship* the Exploited, and some of them had heard these rumors, but none gave them too much credence, and those who did, didn't care.

A friend of mine once met Wattie and asked him if he used to be in the National Front(which was one of the specific rumors he had heard), but he couldn't understand Wattie's response. Forget accents, I can understand accents, but Wattie sounds like he's got a mouth of jawbreakers when he talks.

I don't know this specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wattie was one of those type of punks who isn't WN or WP(or whatever) but who has a NS fascination and some mild racist opinions, and therefore some people, leftists especially, make the leap to "nazi." I knew countless punks who had a thing for NS imagery, from guys wearing NS medals and pins on their leather jackets, to even a few swastika tatoos. Many of those punks were anti-PC and didn't like blacks or homos, but they weren't really WN. Some of those(like me) ended up being WN a few years later."

Now if thats someone from over there saying that..........it really does put things into perspective.

Not everyone has moved onto crustie/HC/metal!
Gimmie Pure Punk over "Modern Punk" anyday.

the exploited are far from pure punk.they're lads who interpreted punk in a shallow media driven way and played up to every stereotype of a punk portrayed in the papers of the day.then they mixed that watered down crap with metal.then years later dropped punk altogether and just started playing speed metal.pure punk they aint.

the exploited are far from pure punk.they're lads who interpreted punk in a shallow media driven way and played up to every stereotype of a punk portrayed in the papers of the day.then they mixed that watered down crap with metal.then years later dropped punk altogether and just started playing speed metal.pure punk they aint.

Our views on what Pure Punk is are obviously different.
Their 1st 2 Punk albums to me are Pure Punk.......
Anti Government lyrics/ Fast Music to pogo too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back