The Exploited (3 Viewers)

theexploited-haggis_noruega.jpg

im pretty convinced wattie is a dodgy guy.probably not an actual nazi but a bit of a bonehead.while i think the exploited are silly comedy act i have a bit of a soft spot for em coz i was really into them when i was younger.they've got some good stuff but most of it is awful.might go to the gig for a laugh.

theexploited-haggis_noruega.jpg

im pretty convinced wattie is a dodgy guy.probably not an actual nazi but a bit of a bonehead.while i think the exploited are silly comedy act i have a bit of a soft spot for em coz i was really into them when i was younger.they've got some good stuff but most of it is awful.might go to the gig for a laugh.

That is pretty dodgy looking alright.

See? What did i say?

Anyways, i think most of us did like Exploited at some stage. I did like them when i was 15 and still think some stuff is good. But, dunno. In any case i will be across the water, so can't go even if i had the chance and wanted to.

You're joking right...? Cos if you're calling the 'sparrer a facist band, I might get angry
hulk.gif

Don't worry I was being tongue-in-cheek. Was trying to make the point that the Sparrer are another band that have been rumoured to lean a bit too far to the right.

Is / was this forever presents person ever involved in punk or is just some businessman spotted a gap in the market? who are they in real life like?

oh and which one is wattie in that photo?

Is / was this forever presents person ever involved in punk or is just some businessman spotted a gap in the market? who are they in real life like?

oh and which one is wattie in that photo?

He's a promoter making money putting on gigs, he seems to have a pretty high standard of who they'll put on. Never been involved in punk other than no doubt putting on punk gigs under the MCD banner when he worked for them.

http://www.foreverpresents.ie/about.asp

PS: I've never liked the exploited.

Is / was this forever presents person ever involved in punk or is just some businessman spotted a gap in the market?

I don't think it makes any diference if Forever ever had any involvement with punk. It's pretty obvious the bands being promoted are pretty far removed from diy anyway. I have gone to,and will undoubtedly got to more gigs promoted by Forever simply because I like the bands.

I don't think it makes any diference if Forever ever had any involvement with punk. It's pretty obvious the bands being promoted are pretty far removed from diy anyway. I have gone to,and will undoubtedly got to more gigs promoted by Forever simply because I like the bands.

Indeed, decent (non diy) bands at decent (non diy) prices is ok with me.

I've always thought the exploited were a good band. They might of had shit lyrics but I always like the music. It's better that all that crust stuff you get nowadays.

I've always thought the exploited were a good band. They might of had shit lyrics but I always like the music. It's better that all that crust stuff you get nowadays.

I sense that this may trigger off something, but i will keep my mouth shut.

No.
About 50% of their releases were decent, Troops of Tommorow was a classic.
They influenced alot of bands too......

Couldn't agree more with you Janer, Troops of Tomorrow is a classic, followed closely (or more correctly, preceded by) Punk's Not Dead. Their last album Fuck The System wasn't too bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back